What's new

WEGA 480p (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if Sony WEGA TV's specifically the KV-36FS13 support a 480p component imput?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
It does not. Only the Hs models or the XBR. You either need an EDTV or HDTV compatible TV in order to support progressive scan. They are, of course, significanlty more $ then the FS WEGA series. (1 reason why I did not buy one)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Mikey's correct--but if the HS- or XBR-series WEGAs are reasonably within or close to your budget, consider them. If you can afford an HS or XBR 32-inch set before you can the 36-inch variety, get it: a prog-scan image on a 32-incher looks better than an interlaced image on a 36-incher. I believe in picture quality more than picture quantity, so to speak.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Jack, of course is correct. I didnt not opt for WEGA at all. If the HS or XBR is out of your budget range, then I recommend doing what I did, go for a SAmsung TSL32" series. WAAAAy better then any WEGA FS series and probably not far if not = to the XBR. Can't tell you how much I am enjoying mine for less then 1/2 of what (IMHO) are overpriced WEGA's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks