Wega 32 to Tosh65?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoelM, Mar 19, 2002.

1. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

I have a Wega 32 TV at the moment and am currently looking into a Tosh65HX81. I love the picture on my Wega but it is way to small for me. I guess my main question would be..will I be upset at the picture quality of the Tosh? I am only going to run DVD's though it so I rarly will watch cable. I guess I just need some praise to push me that extra inch.

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Joel,

I've had my Tosh 65H80 for about nine months and couldn't be happier. It is coupled w/ a Panny RP91 and DVD's look fantastic. My wife and I were watching Moulin Rouge just last night and both commented on how stunning the picture was.

In all fairness, I did have my set professionally calibrated. My Dad has a 36" Wega and it looks good, but I'm partial to my Tosh. I've NEVER seen another TV and thought that it had a better picture than mine. Properly calibrated, they are just great TV's. Enjoy!

Peace,

DM

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Joel: What kind of WEGA do you have? An XBR model, or an FV- or FS-series model? Stepping up to the ATSC-based Tosh will seem like a huge leap in quality if you're still watching an NTSC-only WEGA. But it will seem less a leap if you're enjoying an XBR model--due mostly to the greater light output of the direct-view set.

But, all other things being equal, the Tosh is the better set, as it can resolve more true detail.

4. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

Yes it's a older Wega so it will seem like a huge leap in quality...I can hardly wait