Wega 16:9 mode & Component Ins

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Schmiedt, Nov 16, 2001.

1. John Schmiedt

I have an 36XBR400 and recently paired it with the Sony SatHD100 which will do OTA HDTV(not setup yet for DirecTV HD). I have it hooked up to the component ins on the Wega. I have noticed that on some over the air broadcasts the bottom of some station logos or even some program content gets slightly chopped from the bottom when it's in 16:9 mode, watching true 16:9 material. I have not noticed any problems watching DVDs through my progressive scan Toshiba player which is also hooked up thru component.
    I did measure my overscan with Avia awhile back and thought it was in the 5% range. Could this be something else? Do I need to somehow re-size my 16:9 squeeze size? I've done searches on previous posts, but I'm still unsure of what I can/should do.
    Thanks.

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Check the service menu for electronic matting, a.k.a. vertical blanking, adjustments. Your TV may be shutting off the electron beam for its return to the top of the screen, before all 480 active scan lines were drawn.
    Other video hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm