Weezer: Make Believe- Official Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bryan Ri, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan
    I know this album has been out for months now, but I think this is one of the better discs that have come out this year.

Weezer is a sometimes overlooked band who has continuously put out quality music over the past 11 years, and Make Believe is no different. Beverly Hills, while initially had to grow on me, is now one of my favorite songs by the band. This is Such a Pity is a great song with an 80s kick to it, and Peace encompanies everything the band is about.

Any thoughts on this album?

2. nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood Second Unit

I really liked it when I first heard it, but after a while it just sort of stopped "doing it for me". It sounded pretty much like Maladroit to me, and I wasn't a fan of that album. A couple of songs off from it yes, but overall no. I really have no explanation other than I really liked, strike that loved the albums Blue and Green which were produced by Ric Ocasek. I think he was the perfect producer for Weezer.
    The Blue Album was nearly one of the best albums of the 90's. The Green Album was a good sequel of sorts. (I know it's the third album.)

We're All on Drugs, just sounds dumb to me for some reason.

I don't know I hated How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb by U2 until recently, so maybe my views will change.

I know that there's nothing really in here that says why I don't like it, that's because I really don't know why, I just don't.

3. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

I just picked it up last week and have listened to it about 3 times. I'd have to say that it is my least favorite of their CDs. I do like Beverly Hills but that is the only stand out song. I have yet to pick up Maladroit but it is definately on my list.

Overall I'd give it [​IMG] [​IMG] out of 4 stars.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I really love The Blue Album and Pinkerton, but I did not enjoy Make Believe. I'd rank it right along with The Green Album as my least favorite Weezer album.

5. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

Not a big Weezer fan but I do like their new disc. Fave tracks are Perfect Situation, This Is Such A Pity, and We Are All On Drugs.

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I like it. Weezer's "We're All on Drugs" is slightly better than Robyn Hitchcocks' "Tell Me About Your Drugs", though the former sounds like it was a song from the 1980s and the latter actually is.