What's new

WeeklyRoundUp 2-7-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Julio r eminds me that when I was at Wal-Mart earlier tonight they also had some kind of bonus disc with some of their copies of Waiting...

I'm afraid I have no more information than that.

I also picked up the Jim Brickman - Disney Songbook release today and am extremely disappointed to find out their is no 5.1 mix for the audio. This is a live concert at WDW recorded recently and there is no 5.1 mix?!? That is ridiculous.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
The Waiting... Bonus Disc at Wal-Mart is only available with Fullscreen versions of the movie.

It had the Video Commentary (that is also on the CC Bonus Disc), Highlights of the premiere, and Cast Audition Videos.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I did go to WalMart and get the Wallace and Gromit 2 disc exclusive packaging. It was priced $19.98 while the sale price for just the regular disc was $15.xx. The regular discs were all in one display, while the 2 disc exclusive was in another display which had plenty of widescreen and fullscreen copies. (It also had both versions of Corpse Bride - now both at $19.98.) I tried to get the W&G 2disc exclusive for the sale price, but the cashiers are trained with a spiel about that. Still, for about $4 I figured it was worth it to get the Cracking Contraptions on disc. I watched a few of them last night and enjoyed them. (I did notice that I could have pealed off the barcode off the outer wrapper that covered the regular W&G barcode. This would make it ring it at the sale price.)

Neil

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Neil

Just an FYI

If you would have peeled that sicker off to recieve a differnt price that is shop-lifting

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure it is exactly fits the definition of shop lifting, but it isn't legal either.

Neil

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Wal-Mart exclusive.

Well, it's at Sam's Club, too, but you know...

(Priced a dollar and change higher at my Sam's than Wal-Mart, though).

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Dax. Might have to return my BB copy so I at least get something extra.

Can't complain too much about BB though, it's not their fault the Collector's Edition comes with the chopped copy. Besides, another disc I bought there this week rang up at a ridiculously low price compared to the sticker ($9.99 instead of $17.99)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

C'mon, Stephen...give up the title! Maybe Best Buy is running another of its "secret sales" where they take a high-profile title and mysteriously mark it down to $9.99 without telling anyone! :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I managed to pick up the W&G 2-pack at the Pleasant Hill Super-Wal-Mart in Duluth, GA, for $12.77 (they were selling the single and the 2-pack for the same price for some odd reason).

Jay*W

Second Unit
Patrick,

Thanks for the heads up on the W&G deal in Duluth! We picked up a copy there yesterday. They also had the individual MGM Pink Panther releases (other than Son of the Pink Panther) for only $8.24.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks