Weekly Videogame and PC game Wrapup 11-24 to 11-27

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GlenHaag, Nov 23, 2002.

1. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Hello again all. Do you hear the crickets chirping? Listen.... Can you hear them?!?
    To be quite frank, this is a very slow week as far as Video Games is concerned. With Metroid and Splinter Cell hitting last week, we're due for a lull, so....
    Let's start the show!
    GLEN'S HTF CO-GAMES OF THE WEEK
    [​IMG]
    Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
    [​IMG]
    Master of Orion III
    Honestly, there really isn't all that much to write home about this week. But, Rygar has been a title that has garnered some interest due to it's old school roots. So, it becomes the game of the week.
    Also, I've included Master of Orion 3 on the Game of the week charts. I loved MOO3, and honestly, I think it will probably sell around as many copies as Rygar does, before it's all said and done. [​IMG]
    Games due to be released during between November 24th and ending November 27th. (Pricing and release dates from Ebgames.com)
    Legends of Wrestling II (GC, PS2, Xbox) - $49.99
    Master of Orion III (PC) - $49.99
    Rygar: The Legendary Adventure (PS2) - $49.99
    Medal of Honor Underground (GBA) - $29.99
    Altered Beast: Guardian Realms (GBA) - $29.99
    Ok, here's the skinny. I've thought about the structure of this thread a bit more and I've decided to only list titles that are on this weeks/last weeks release list, or are priced differently than suggested retail. I'll be more than glad to add prices to the list if people mention them though. Let me know if you have any thoughts about this matter.

Game (Platform)__________ _Best Buy __Circuit City __CompUSA ___Target _Toys R' Us
    007: Nightfire(PC)_______ __ $39.99 _____$37.99 _____ $_N/A_ __$38.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    007:Nighfire(GC,PS2,X)___ __ $49.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Age of Mythology(PC)_____ __ $39.99 _____$39.99 _____ $_N/A_ __$39.99 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Black Hawk Down V(PC)____ __ $_N/A_ _____$29.99 _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    DDR Max (PS2)____________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$34.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Dead to Rights (PS2)_____ __ $39.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$44.99 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Freekstyle (PS2)_________ __ $19.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Game and Watch 4(GBA)____ __ $25.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$27.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Godzilla: Dom.(GBA)______ __ $24.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$25.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Halo(X)__________________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A______ $_N/A_ __$39.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Hamtaro (GBC)____________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$17.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Jedi Knight 2(X)_________ __ $49.99______$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Justice League (GBA)_____ __ $25.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    LoTR:FoTR(PC)____________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$42.76 ___ $_N/A_ __
    LoTR:TtT (GBA)___________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$27.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Madden 2003(GC)__________ __ $29.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Mech: Merc.(PC)__________ __ $39.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Medal of Honor: Sphrhd(PC)__ $24.99 _____$24.99 _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Metroid Fusion(GBA)______ __ $_N/A_ _____$26.99 _____ $_N/A_ __$25.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Minority Report(PS2, X)__ __ $49.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Myst 3: Exile(PS2)_______ __ $19.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    NBA Live 2003(PC)________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$34.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    NFL Fever 2003(X)________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$29.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    NHL2K3(PS2, X)___________ __ $49.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    NOLF 2(PC)_______________ __ $39.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Rlr Cstr Tycoon 2(PC)____ __ $19.99 _____$24.99 _____ $_N/A_ __$24.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Rocky (PS2)______________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$39.99 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Rocky (PS2, X)___________ __ $49.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Run Like Hell(PS2)_______ __ $29.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Shrek Super Party (X)____ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$34.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Splinter Cell (X)________ __ $49.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Supercar Strt Chlng(PS2)_ __ $19.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Superman: SoA(PS2)_______ __ $29.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Terminator (PS2)_________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$39.99 ___ $_N/A_ __
    The Thing(X)_____________ __ $49.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Tomb Raider(GBA)_________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$27.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Tony Hawk 4(GBA)_________ __ $24.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$25.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Treasure Planet(GBA)_____ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$27.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Turok Evolution(X)_______ __ $29.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Unreal Championship(X)___ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$44.88 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Unreal Tournament 2003(PC)__ $_N/A_ _____$39.99 _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Yoshi Island: SMA3(GBA)__ __ $25.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ __
    Zapper(PS2)______________ __ $_N/A_ _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$29.99 ___ $_N/A_ __
    Zoo Tycoon:MM(PC)________ __ $19.99 _____$_N/A_ _____ $_N/A_ __$24.88 ___ $_N/A_ __

Kmart is running Mario Party 4 with a Wavebird Controller for $74.99
    Rugrats: I gotta go party (GBA) - $26.99
    Rocket Power(GBA) - $26.99
    Game and Watch Gallery 4 (GBA) - $26.99
    E-Reader cards - $3.99
    Special Deals
    - Target is including an extra MadCatz controller with the purchase of the Xbox/GT 2002/JGRF combo
    - Circuit CIty is including a regulation size EA football with the purchase of Madden 2003
    - CC is giving away a free copy of Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PSX with the purchase of MK: DA for the PS2
    - CC is also giving you a free Prima Strategy guide for Splinter Cell with the purchase of the game for the Xbox.
    - Best Buy is giving you a One Time use camera with the purchase of a PS2 system.
    - BB gives you $10 off Shinobi (PS2) with the purchase of the strategy guide.
    - BB is giving you a $10 Gift card with the purchase of Lord of the Rings for the PS2 or Xbox
    - BB is including a 100 minute phone card with the purchase of an Xbox console.
    - BB gives you $10 off Resident Evil Zero with the purchase of the strategy guide.
    Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
    Glen W. Haag

2. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

no deals on Rygar?

3. GlenHaag

I'm thinking we might see something for that on Black Friday, or possibly next Sunday.

That's just a hunch though. No actual info that would lead me in that direction.

Glen

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

For anyone interested, there is a coupon in the Best-Buy-distributed Fox Demo Disc #2 (a demo disc for DVD movies) that actually has a non-movie coupon in it! The coupon is good through 1/10/03 for $5 off of Star Wars Bounty Hunter for either PS2 or GC.
    The demo disc is free at Best Buy with purchase of any Fox DVD or VHS (though Ice Age is the film they are pushing with it). While supplies last, minimum 250 per store, no rainchecks, not available at BB.COM, etc.

5. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Just got an email for this: Exclusive Black Gameboy Advance *WITH* Super Mario World (Super Mario Advance 2) included for $69.99
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00007CWIZ
    Over the weekend, Toys R Us also had a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Gameboy titles, so it worked out to $20 a piece to get the latest games such as Metroid, Castlevania HoD, Super Monkey Ball Jr, Contra, etc.
    Edit: Game promotion probably was last weekend only.

6. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Sorry, duplicate post. Server problems.

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Thanks Perry. I had a $10 Vividence certificate laying around so got it for $64.48 shipped! To think I almost bought one today at lunch for $59.99 without a game.

8. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

That Mortal Kombat deal sounds good...but I have to go with finally picking up Animal Crossing today along with Ice Age for myself. Might use Toy R Us deal on Christmas deals for myself (I select the gifts).

9. Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson Stunt Coordinator

Glen--Nice work on this! It's really helpful to see all this in one place.
    One suggestion though: Since there are so many N/A's, it might be easier if you just put the places that had sales, maybe something like this:
    Rygar (PS2): $39.99 (BB,CC)
    Turok (Xbox): $44.99 (TRU)
    GTA: VC (PS2): $39.99 (BB); $44.99 (CC)
    It would cut down on the amount of typing you have to do, and would be easier to read. Just a suggestion, please feel free to use or not use at your discretion [​IMG]

10. GlenHaag

I'm guessing that that TRU deal is in store only... I might run over that way after work today to take a look see.

Glen

11. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I think the Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free Gameboy games might have been a weekend deal only. I just happened to be in there on Sunday, but I went back today and no sign of the promotion anymore. Sorry, I'll edit my message.

12. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

MOO3 has been pushed back to December 4th.
    http://apolyton.net/moo3/
    I've been following this one very closely, and can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it. I loved the first 2 installments of this series, and this one should be even better.

13. Ian C

Ian C Stunt Coordinator

I just got back from Target, having checked out their bargain bin games. I noticed they had The Mark of Kri (PS2) for $29.99, $10 less than most places and an excellent game to boot.

Ian