What's new

Weekly RoundUp: Black Friday Info (merged) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You can also try the Google Checkout special $20 off $50 purchase bonus at buy.com as they are multi-use. Rack up 2 different $50 orders, and you will be able to get them at $20 off for each order.

This one will allow you to sign up for $10 off $10 purchase bonus for a first-time use of a credit card with Google checkout account. For those with multiple credit cards they can try and get multiple one-use $10 off $10 purchase bonus.

http://www.google.com/checkout/signupbonus.html

But once you have a Google checkout account, you can order each season of Las Vegas separately, add a cheap $5.50 or $8.50 DVD and pump up each over over $50 and get $20 off of it. That brings the season set price does to around $30 each, and 2 "free" DVDs.

Cheap DVDs:
http://www.buy.com/retail/specialty_....asp?loc=61856

(Pay attention to which cheap DVD is eligible for free shipping)

Las Vegas Season 1
http://www.buy.com/prod/Las_Vegas_Se.../40699428.html

Las Vegas Season 2
http://www.buy.com/prod/Las_Vegas_Se.../40719595.html

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wal-Mart's BF DVD titles on sale:

$1.88 each:
The Cat In The Hat (WS)
The Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Fury (WS)
The Hulk (WS)
Wimbledon (WS)

$3.44 each:
Knockaround Guys (FF)
Free Willy (SE,WS)
Sugar Hill (WS)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (FF,WS)
The Batman/Superman Movie (FF)
Goldmember (FF)
Murder By Numbers (FF)
Rush Hour (WS)
Rush Hour 2 (WS)
The Dead Pool
What A Girl Wants (FF or WS)
The Matrix (WS)
The Matrix Reloaded (FF)
The Matrix Revolutions (FF)
Terminator 3
Scooby Doo 2 (FF)
Clifford's Really Big Movie (FF, WS)
Over The Top (WS)
The Pink Panther 2006 (WS)
The Enforcer (WS)
Swordfish (SE WS)
Cats And Dogs
See Spot Run
The Fugitive (SE WS)
Pay It Forward (WS)
The Replacements (WS)
You've Got Mail (FF,WS)
The Client (FF,WS)
Dumb And Dumberer (FF,WS)
The Long Kiss Goodnight (FF)
A Time To Kill (WS)
Sleepers (WS)
Last Man Standing (FF,WS)
The Devil's ADvocate (FF)
Cool Hand Luke (FF,WS)
The Wedding Singer (FF,WS)
The Pelican Brief (WS)

$9.72 each:
Walk The Line (FF or WS)
Star Wars IV, V, VI (LE WS) each
X Men 3 (CE WS)
The Sentinel (FF or WS)
R.V. (WS)
Tokyo Drift (FF)
Click SE WS)
The Office: Season One (WS)

Online link to the BF items, DVDs start on page 3 and go to page 5

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
The Star Wars limited editions are actually on sale at Wally World? I was waiting for those prices to go under $10. Damn, I bet they're gone by now...

Kevin_Lodge

Stunt Coordinator
Was at Target this morning and they had Seasons 1-4 of "24" for $16.00

Also had all 8 seasons of Simpsons for $16.00 each

EmmaAU

Agent
Well, I was wrong. Walmart now has bargain dvd prices on its web site. The only problem is that they have to keep taking down the site due to heavy traffic, and when you can get on, it's very slow and I've read that some people can't complete the transaction. Oh, well.

PS Site is back up and working. I got House season 1 for $14.99. Guess that's the best I'll do online today.

if200

Agent
Real Name
Diane
Were season 7 and 8 of the simpsons the magie head and marge head packages?

Thank so much

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I was a Wal Mart in the am and purchased the 3 Star Wars - with comic book for about $10 each. I decided to go back and by 2 more sets for gifts this afternoon. There was a HUGE number still available when I returned.

YMMV.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from Circuit City and Target (no Best Buy or Wally's in my area).

Pretty lame. Target's $16 sale on seasons of 24 was kind of tempting, but I'd rather put those $16 towards something new. Their ultra-cheap DVDs of Harry Potter were all the 1 disc versions, so no appeal there. And the Spidermans have been on sale at that price many times before, so no appeal there. The new Star Wars editions were $15 at my Target, so, passed on those as well.

Circuit City's bargain bins were the usual bins of older transfers that are always on sale. There may have been a couple titles there worth getting, if you'd somehow not shopped for DVDs in years and hadn't already added them to your collection -- Chronicles of Riddick, and King of New York for example.

All around, thumbs down.

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Target was VERY lame!! Most of the advertised $3.98 titles were only available in full (fool) screen, not OAR Widescreen (there were a few OAR titles, like Spiderman 2, but not many). I asked the clerk about it, and he said that was all they had received for the sale. It felt very bait-n-switchy!

The store had cases of the damn things stacked up in the aisle (literally) to make sure the product was available in case the shelves ran dry, but, when I went back to the store tonight I had to grin when I saw that much of it was still un-sold. It seems that, even at the $3.98 'Black Friday' super-sale price, much of the buying general public was savvy enough to not buy modified OAR DVD's.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I was at the movies and decided to spin through Best Buy and Target. I ended up getting the WS versions of Monster House, X-Men 3 and Nacho Libre for 8.98.

I was happy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

This is why I only ended up getting the following $3.98 titles in WS at Target (there were quite a few more I would have bought had they not been FS):

Batman Begins
The Notebook
Spider-Man 2
Ultraviolet
When a Stranger Calls
Fun with Dick and Jane
March of the Penguins
Memoirs of a Geisha

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
My Wal-Mart also had the original Star Wars movies (each packaged with a book) for only $7.98 each.

For $1.88 I couldn't pass up "Hulk." I've never seen the movie, but I like Ang Lee, it looks like a nice 2-disc set, it's OAR, and I probably couldn't even rent it for less that $1.88.

Picked up a few of the $3.44 movies, but for the most part they seemed to be the same titles Wal-Mart's been pushing for a couple years now. I was surprised to see several copies of "Schindler's List" mixed in there, but every one of them was full screen. What an insult! Are there really people out there that want to own a full screen transfer of that film? Would have picked up "Terminator 3" but guess what: full screen only. K-Mart also had that one full screen only. Maybe I'll try Circuit City on Saturday to see if they've got any left.

The only two movies I was interested in getting at Target were "Batman Begins" and "Memoirs of a Geisha." I got lucky and found them both in OAR.

Well, Black Friday is officially over, but I expect we'll see a lot more great deals over the next four weeks.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I stopped in my local Best Buy mid-morning on Friday and the $4.99 DVD's had been totally picked over - not much of a selection left and what was left was in disarray. I stopped in again this afternoon and they had straightened them up, but there were very few left.

I just checked on BestBuy.com and several of these $4.99 DVD's are available (for shipping - not available for in-store pick-up). I just completed my order:
Apollo 13 - Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3 - DVD $4.99
Munich - Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3 - DVD $4.99
Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior - Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle Dolby - DVD $4.99
Wimbledon - Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3 - DVD $4.99
I'm guessing that this won't last long - the sale will most likely end sometime tonite.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I only went to Wal-mart and was disappointed, they mostly had Fullscreen copies on sale. I skipped a lot of titles that I wanted but I did pick up Free Willy: 10th Anniversary Ed. and Robocop for $3.44, Click and The Sentinel for $9.72 each and a 2-pack containing Fun With Dick and Jane and Sleepless In Seattle: 10th Anniversary Edition for $11.88 each.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't get to the BF sales, but there were still some good DVD deals to be had on Saturday (and the crowds were surprisingly sparse).

Did anyone else check out the deals at FYE this weekend? They had a bunch of $9.99 titles including some fairly new releases (United 93, Monster House, X-Men 3, Harry Potter series, Fast and Furious 3). I'd never known FYE to have such good prices. That was nearly a 64% discount off their normal prices on several of the titles.

Picked up Smallville S4 at Best Buy for $14.99. Between BB and Costco, I now have the first four seasons for a total less than $60.

Also got Monster House for $6.99 at BJ's. Wasn't sure I wanted to own it, but at that price couldn't resist. And it will make a handy quick gift if I need one. Also Disney's "Brother Bear 2" for $13.99.

Got both "Over the Hedge" and "Ice Age 2" earlier in the week for $12.99 each.

Why do they make these deals so attractive when I'm supposed to be buying for OTHER people? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks