What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-9-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Gee, Dennis! Good catch! I don't know how you found that. Costco didn't list any HTWWW in their "coming/new releases" section. That's where I usually look.

I also now found a price of $28.99 on the HTWWW Ult CE (3-disc) set @ Costco.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Pretty big week this week. I've already received the Cool Hand Luke BD from. Child's Play SE (finally!) and HTWWW BD are on their way to me. I'm still debating whether to get the Kill Bill BD 2-pack at Amazon. Down the road, I'll probably get the Rudy BD (and maybe Jerry Maguire), but not until it's cheaper.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks guys!

There are a few TV on DVD titles I want, but I am going to wait since none of the launch week pricing is particularly compelling. Maybe it's just me, but I am having a hard time cost justifying full season retail for these shortened season sets. I don't care how many extras they throw in, a 15 or 16 season set should not retail for the same price as a full 22-23 episode set. As always, YMMV, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :D

Since I unloaded my original The Big Lebowski several years ago, I will pick up the new (sans bowling ball) special edition. Otherwise, that's it for me this week.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Just to note - in the Roundup, both Kill Bill blus are listed as $24.99 at Best Buy.

In my area (Boston MA) that would be the going rate if you bought both for the $10 discount. In our weekly ad, BB's price for each is $29.99.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks for the heads up. It's the same in my area - Oregon.

Well, that saves me a trip at least.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Actually, Cameron - I figured it out. If you put the Kill Bill blus in your cart at Bestbuy.com they come up as $24.99 each. Put both in and you get the $10 off - total $39.98 & tax.

If you select store pick-up, you can go get them tomorrow. This is what I'm doing - I cancelled my preorder with Amazon as I'd rather pay $2 tax and go get 'em on release day rather than suffer at the hands of media mail.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I don't buy any TV on DVD set on releae day anymore, the pattern is too great that a few weeks to a few months later they'll be on sale with a substantial discount

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Holy Moly. This one fell off my radar:

Fist of Legend 2-Disc Ultimate Edition

Amazon: 19.99 (currently shows out of stock)
Best Buy: 17.99
DDD: 20.24

Interesting that one of the best, if not THE best, Jet Li kung fu film, gets released the same day as The Forbidden Kingdom...

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB

I did the same thing. Tomorrow at 5:00, I'll leave work & hit CostCo first (to snag How The West Was Won on Blu), then over to Best Buy to get my Kill Bills. You know, now that I'm thinking about it... maybe I'll just take tomorrow off, get 'em first thing in the morning, and spend the whole day with these three must-have titles! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Cameron: Interesting news. This title WAS on my "new release" list this week but then did dnot appear on any of my retailer lists for this week.

As you can see, BB shows it for a 9-9 release (which I didn't see a few days ago)...but Circuit City and amazon both show it as a 9-2 release.

I hate it when things aren't nice and tidy.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, I saw the 9/2 date on the Amazon listing and then went back to see if I'd missed it on your previous roundup.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Awesome, thanks! you just saved me $10...I was going to Best Buy tomorrow to grab these anyway!

HTF rocks. Thanks to everyone for keeping the info flowing!

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Has anyone actually walked into a Best Buy today and checked the price on Kill Bill.

I would assume they would be showing up as $24.99 each (like Eraser last week).
I would prefer not to do in store pickup and wait in a long line if I don't have to.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I happened to be in a Wal-Mart and Target tonight.

Wal-Mart had The Fist of Legend for $14.98. It did NOT have any copies (SD or BD) of HTWWW. Although they had an empty space in their SD "new catalog" section for $14.98 (labeled, in typical Wal-Mart fashion as HTWWW/FF). :rolleyes

Target had ONLY copies of the Ultimate CE of HTWWW for $42.99. No 2-disc SDs and no BD copies. :frowning:

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
To answer my own question.
I did the in store pick up at Best Buy for the $39 deal.
I walked by the Blu-Ray aisle and sure enough, the Kill Bills had an ad sticker that said $29 each.
Now, I'm betting if I would have walked up and bought them at the register they would have rung up as $24.99 but better to be safe then sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks