What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-7-10 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll be heading to Target.

I know I've seen that "That's What She Said" compilation somewhere. But, for the life of me, I can't remember where.

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator

I HATE retailer exclusives. I really do. Especially when they so clearly involve screwing with what should be normal content.
Totally agree. At least (from what I've read elsewhere) most of the Lost retailer exclusives ended up as extra features on the eventual Blu-ray releases or Blu-ray complete series set (with the exception of the Best Buy Season 6 DVD set exclusive).

Can you give me any more specific info on the Target disc?
The episodes on Target exclusive bonus disc are labeled on the menu as "Producer's Extended Cut" and the running times are (compared to the regular cuts on discs 3 and 5 of the DVD edition):

Sabre
30:30 Producer’s Extended Cut
22:07 regular cut

Whistleblower
28:17 Producer’s Extended Cut
22:08 regular cut

I haven't watched them yet; those times are from a quick check of the discs on the computer while on lunch.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Question #2 for anyone who cares to weigh in:

I purchased The Office: Season 5 on DVD rather than Blu-ray...even though I will buy most new release films on Blu when given the choice. At the time, I remember thinking that there was no difference in features and I didn't think there would be that much of an upgrade in quality to make up for the price difference. It also allows me to share with family but that has become less of an issue.

Anyone disagree?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I'll be heading to Target.

I know I've seen that "That's What She Said" compilation somewhere. But, for the life of me, I can't remember where.

Figured it out! It was on YouTube.

I wonder if there's ANY chance this could be the same featurette as what's on the BB disc:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dustin James

Totally agree. At least (from what I've read elsewhere) most of the Lost retailer exclusives ended up as extra features on the eventual Blu-ray releases or Blu-ray complete series set (with the exception of the Best Buy Season 6 DVD set exclusive).

Yeah, the featurettes and deleted scenes from the S1 and S2 bonus discs are on the regular Blu-ray sets and then the S3, S4 and S5 featurettes and deleted scenes are included with the series set.

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator

I purchased The Office: Season 5 on DVD rather than Blu-ray...even though I will buy most new release films on Blu when given the choice. At the time, I remember thinking that there was no difference in features and I didn't think there would be that much of an upgrade in quality to make up for the price difference. It also allows me to share with family but that has become less of an issue.

Anyone disagree?
I don't.

Especially on half-hour comedies.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks Mike!

Only one disc for me this week, Forbidden Planet. Been wanting this on Blu-ray for quite some time. Very excited!!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I was interested in picking up Lost in Space on blu today, but it doesn't seem to be sold in any B&M stores around. Fry's, Best Buy, Target, Wal*Mart; all show online copies only, zero in store stock.

And studios wonder why catalog titles sell so poorly....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So...

I decided to go ahead and try out the blu-ray version of The Office: Season 6 and try out some high-def TV on DVD.

But I am ticked-off that I went to Target because of their stupid retailer-exclusive bonus disc (which, I guess, means their retailer exclusive worked--making me hate it even more) and definitely paid more for the product than I could have elsewhere (Sorry FYE).

And...be cautious Target Shoppers. I looked at both DVD & BD sets of The Office: S6 and only SOME of them had the Target stickers saying the bonus disc was inside. The BD sets with the disc were wrapped in those awful wire anti-theft devices. The BD sets without the disc didn't have the devices.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH. .

Thanks, Matt. Added to the OP.

Just found out there is a missing segment in this week's release of The Office. One of their cold open segments (the Halloween party segment of the Koi Pond episode) is missing. There is speculation on unofficial The Office websites that it might be a copyright issue over a costume or because the scene included a segment involving Michael Scott "hanging" himself. But there is nothing definitive and there was no indication that any aired material was missing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And one other thing.

As I look ahead to the next few weeks of September...if they are any indication of what's coming in the final 1/4 of 2010...the membership of this forum will surely be turning this nation's economy around.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Speaking just for me, Mike, my calendar of "must gets" is filling up fast. That's completely disregarding any really good sales I find...like Amazon last night with Up and Monster's Inc. BD's for $37 and change. That's including Washington tax and all.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My new release lists for each week in September are easily twice as large as for any week in July & August. And there's less "filler."

They seem even inordinately large for a September--although I'd have to go back and check to be sure.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
September is usually a brutal month for me but this year, it's not so bad. October, on the other hand, is crazy. There's Beauty And The Beast, The Exorcist, Grindhouse, Apocalypse Now, Psycho, the Alien set, the Back To The Future set, Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season Two and still a few smaller titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks