What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-30-2008 (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
That is just like the set I bought at Best Buy. I think that sometimes when Target throws in this "additional footage" claim, it is in comparison to the single disc version. Like I say, IMO it's a bit misleading...

Stephen L

Second Unit

The Camp Rock Blu at Costco has a coupon on it for $10 off when you also by 3-D HM so you get both for just under 20.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Did a little shopping tonight.

FYE stores in the US have a steelbook of Iron Man. i only saw them (in my local store) for the SD version. All their BDs were in the regular blue platic case.

I got my IM BD at Best Buy. I went to the register with my BD, my RZ card and the two coupons from their September DVD catalog they offer in-store (I don't know if they'll have one for October). The BD rang up $25.99 (the advertised price) and the clerk used both coupons...which took a 20% discount off the BD price and dropped it to $20.79! The other coupons gave me double RZ points for the purchase! Score!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I also have heard--twice this week--a radio commercial on my local ESPN affiliate from Wal-Mart(!) advertising this week's release of Iron Man on DVD & Blu-ray. They go to great lengths to play up their price matching policy. "Bring in any local competitors print ad and we'll match their price..."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And...just checked in on the My Three Sons thread over in the TV Software Forum and somebody took the plunge and purchased the My Three Sons release today and has confirmed that there is replacement music on at least two of the episodes sampled. :thumbsdown:

Most people will want to stay away from this release. :angry:

:frowning:

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Interested in picking up the unrated comedy 3 pack. is 40 YO V the 2 disc double your pleasure edition?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Erin: Assuming you are talking about the SD version (although I suppose the BD is also the same), the answer is yes. This package contains the 2-disc SEs of each film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks