What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 9-3-2019
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey RoundUppers!

This is a pivot week as we head into the final third of 2019. Releases are going to start coming hot-and-heavy over future weeks. Pick-and-choose wisely! :D

For me, just the three Ealing comedies. Kind Hearts and Coronets has been a longtime favorite (including the new musical based on the film A Gentleman's Guide to Murder). The others, too.

I'm sure when I see a hugely discounted USED copy of MIB: International in a local shop, I'll bite and give it a look.

Thanks for all the support and all the "likes" each and every week. Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

Booksmart for me this week, which is something I couldn't imagine saying a few months ago. I thought the marketing was terrible and made the movie appear completely uninteresting. A friend had to practically force me to see it against my will. And I ended up loving it. It's definitely the biggest pleasant surprise of the year so far for me, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it again.

The last two times I pre-ordered a Fox title for delivery from Amazon after the Disney merger, I got them both, and I haven't seen any reports of the Fox titles being affected yet by Disney's feud. However, I suspect that's inevitable and is more of a question of when than if. So far, I'm keeping my Amazon order on this one, but there are no other Fox titles I want to get in the immediate future after this. So this might well be the last Fox pre-order I'm comfortable with doing with Amazon. If for some reason I don't get it Tuesday, I would cancel it and get it from a store. We'll see what happens.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

The Ealing comedies are a MUST!

I'll be back this afternoon with a link to the sixteenth season of NCIS when I post the review..

Mike_Nepo

Grip
Ok, do any of these Ealing comedies by KL come with CC (subtitles)? Anyone know what the specs are if they do come with them? Only reason I ask is that thick English accents can be challenging at times to understand.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Ok, do any of these Ealing comedies by KL come with CC (subtitles)? Anyone know what the specs are if they do come with them? Only reason I ask is that thick English accents can be challenging at times to understand.
Per the KINO website all three of the new old original (first filmed) Obi-Wan titles have "optional English Subtitles"...

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon sent over shipping confirmation on my copy of Booksmart, arriving tomorrow, so Fox titles remain safe from the Amazon/Disney feud, for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks