What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-29-2009 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hehheh... I think I'd be *MUCH* more interested in whatever extras for WoOz than for GwtW though

And it's already starting to sound like I should definitely hold off on the Gremlins BD at Target as well based on comments in Ron's "a few thoughts" thread in the HD software section...

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Made one of my semi-annual journeys to Target today. Disappointingly, I left empty-handed. Lots of good sales, but mostly empty shelves where all the sale merchandise should be.

Saw the "Gremlins" BR, but no luck on the "MvsA" BR/DVD pack, which is what I really went there for in the first place.

Hopefully there will be some deals actually available when I get back there in December.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben

Amazon randomly seems to include European releases in their listings. I've given up trying to figure out why certain ones get picked and others ignored. And the Tuesday date is a complete mystery -- maybe that's when they expected to get stock?
The reason why it only seems like they randomly list certain Blu-rays is because they will only make available titles that are certified to be region-free and don't have a known (or rumored) domestic release date in the near future.

Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Does Amazon ever actually carry such releases for sale to US customers (vs merely listing them)?
Yes they do. The listing will specifically mention that it is being sold by Amazon as an import title that has been verified to play on "Region A" Blu-ray players.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Rhoq

The reason why it only seems like they randomly list certain Blu-rays is because they will only make available titles that are certified to be region-free and don't have a known (or rumored) domestic release date in the near future.

Yes they do. The listing will specifically mention that it is being sold by Amazon as an import title that has been verified to play on "Region A" Blu-ray players.
Ooooh... Good to know that then. Have you actually both some of them?

Thanks.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks