What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– A Night at the Opera – 1935
full

– The Hunchback of Notre Dame – 1923
full

– The Sparks Brothers – 2021
full

– Legend – 1985
full

– Young and Willing – 1943
full

– Terminal Island – 1973...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another week of new releases in September and another week of some mighty interesting titles. October and November promise more.

See if you can spot the anachronism in this week's RoundUp (hint: it won't be too hard! :laugh: ).

Safe shopping, RoundUppers. Catch ya next week!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike! Nothing for me next week though.

What would possess any studio to do a HD-DVD release of anything at this point in time? Maybe Disney had some leftover red cases from the release of Black Widow that they couldn't use? :laugh: I would be really curious to see sales figures for that disc. I've never heard of the movie.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Based on Mike's post, I was expecting a VHS before I opened the Round-Up, but that is almost equally unexpected.

If they release a LaserDisc, they have a sale. :D

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This can't possibly really be a real HD-DVD? How could they even produce a disc at this point in time unless this disc was actually replicated in 2009 and it's been sitting in a warehouse unable to be sold for legal reasons.

Could this is some sort of HD transfer on DVD disc which will play in normal DVD players or it's just a listingerror

Even the Dreamscape Media Website only shows a DVD
The old 2010 DVD appears it may have been OOP for a couple years so surely this is just a re-release and somebody hit the wrong buttons creating the listing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick up A Night At The Opera at some point.

And not like it really matters but Shout's Halloween UHD was pushed back to next week with the rest of the Halloween sequels.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My copy came in a black case, but Cruella came in a red case. :confused:
Did you get Black Widow in UHD? I have only heard of Black Widow coming in red for the standard Blu-ray release. It seems like the UHD is standard black.

However, the store near me had Black Widow in standard blue so that's what I got. (I don't need UHD.)

I think the red case would have been cool for this movie seeing as it's about Natasha fighting the Red Room, and red obviously matches the Blu-ray artwork which is predominantly red. But I'm also not upset with standard blue.

I can't figure out why a red case would make sense for Cruella (which admittedly doesn't interest me in the slightest and I have not seen it.)Bl

Perhaps you could switch out the cases, if you'd rather have Black Widow in red?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks