What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/28/04 (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Decent week for me here, whereas next week will be full of discs to get. This week I'll be getting:

Christine SE
Creepshow 2 SE
Club Dread unrated

I'm also expecting the AB UK Hellraiser set in the mail.

I think I'll wait a little while on Eternal Sunshine, and I've had Thriller for a few weeks now. Super Size Me and The Alamo will be rentals, then purchases if I like them enough.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
BJs has had Star Trek: Generations for a few weeks (the copies were not recalled from there) for $11.99

Neil

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Anyone planning to get Footloose will not be disappointed by the 5.1 mix of music. We previewed a couple scenes at the Meet and everyone was amazed, even non-fans of the film. So...being one of those non-fans I may actually pick it up!

Thanks as always for the info.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to Walking Tall and I'll prob. pick up Club Dread UR and Super Size Me as blind buys. Love the price on WT and CD but 20 bux for SSM? Hopefully some stores drop that down under 16 ...

Mike

Ed Faver

Second Unit
I agree...bring back the loss leaders. Looks like I'll limit things to ST:Voyager @ Costco & I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Waited a long time for that little gem...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I think Paramount really dropped the ball on Generations. First they recall, but they get it back in stores too soon to be reflected in the Sunday ads... and now the price is about $5 more than it would have been on the 7th. Which the end result is that I'll probably either add the title to a future Amazon order or wait until the price goes down, instead of picking it up as planned on Tuesday.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The corrected Generations set was all over KC yesterday...everybody seemed to be selling it for 14.99.

Good grief, In Living Color Season 2, Christine SE, Generations SE, AND the Eddie Guerrero 2 disc set this week, Aladdin and the Jason box next week, not to mention I still don't have the Dawn of the Dead UE....and I'm completely out of toy money for the forseeable future. Oh well, guess I'll have a merry Christmas.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Fred Rogers - America's Favorite Neighbor is also due out this week. The full three hour version I understand.

-paul

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
quote:Somehow Tess snuck up on me.... Sounds like the limited edition comes with a paperback copy of the Hardy novel. Looks like Costco won't stock it, probably Fry's won't either...(edited for space)
There may be hope for Tess at Fry's - I spotted copies of a companion release, "Sense and Sensibility" with the book for $19.99 in the Burbank outlet last Friday. If I'd dug further in the shopping basket it was in (full of the same week's new releases) I'm sure I would have found Tess.

Don't get too excited about the included "book" though, it looks like an inexpensive (oh, let's be honest here, CHEAP) paperback that is the same size as a DVD box. Both the book and DVD are housed in a paperboard slipcover.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike.

Just Walking Tall for me this week. I already nabbed The Eddie Guerrero DVD 2 weeks ago thanks to someone breaking street date.

Greg

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
My "gimmes" for the week:

Eternal Sunshine

Super Size Me

My "Horror gimmes" I'll end up getting soon, I hope:

Children of the Corn

Christine

Creepshow 2

Next Tuesday brings four MUST-OWN titles for me, so I gotsta watch my pennies!

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Sweet. I didn't realize that Crank Yankers didn't come out until the 28th. I bought my copy from a local mom and pop store on Sat. Maybe I have found someone that breaks release dates. Sweet.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
quote:Anyone see prices for Ramones Raw?

Amazon has it for $17.39. Someone reviewed it and said they bought it last Thursday at Wal-Mart. So perhaps it'll get a wide release. I'm going to check Fry's and Best Buy tomorrow and see who's got it. If they don't have it I'll just order from Amazon as that's not a bad price but it is only 13% off.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
My only want this week was Eternal Sunshine but at the prices listed, I'll hold off for a while unless my Wally World has it at $14.88 as well.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Circle of Iron also streets this week, for anyone who likes their B kung fu movies cheap, cheasy, and philosophical. And it's got David Carradine playing a reed flute
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks