What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
My 4K UHD review of Warcraft has now posted. I was slated to receive all the other UHD's on the list this week, but I am out of town, so the only one I know I received so far is The Shallows, but won't be able to get to that until next week.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Do either the Criterion.com or B&N sale apply to pre-orders? I have never tried this before, but already have Boyhood and Pan's Labyrinth pre-ordered for $0 on Amazon (gift card money from my birthday set aside for them), so it doesn't seem to make much sense for me to tamper with that, but I could get The Squid and the Whale (which comes out in November) via Criterion or B&N if it would be cheaper that way.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Criterion.com has not in the past discounted items that weren't released. So probably none of them will be allowed unless if the sale happens on the 11th which at least Boyhood will be 19.99.

B&N sale -- items released during the sale will be priced 50% MSRP usually at the beginning of the sale, Usually extra discounts will not be allowed until the release date -- assuming discounts apply at all. All 3 items will be 50% off in the Nov BN sale.
Items released after the end of sale almost never 50% off though there have been a few rare exceptions over the years where it was allowed at least for a short time.

Assuming you wait until November and buy at BN you could probably get all 3 for $51-60+ tax (a little less if you are a BN member). It appears right now you're paying 56+tax from Amazon for 2 items.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks