What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-26-2006 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Note to Warner Bros: I would have been purchasing Mama's Family on release day, but instead will pass since it is apparently a chopped up, edited, syndicated mess.

Thanks for saving me more money to spend on your competitors' products. :rolleyes

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
As I noted in another forum, the Target circular has a coupon for a free $10 gift card with a new or transferred perscription. They run these every few months. I transfer the perscription, get the gc, transfer it back to another pharmacy and wait for the coupon to come round again. They come in really handy on TV season sets and new releases.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
For the past few weeks, Target has been giving a $5 gift card with most TV on DVD sets. This week there is a set that my daughter wants, One Tree Hill, and no $5 gift card. The price seems to be a uniform $39.99 everywhere as well. Such is life.

Neil

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Don't know how, but I had never seen Scrubs prior to it's syndicated debut on Comedy Central last week. Since I had heard nothing but good things about the show I set my DVR to record the airings on CC. Friday night, I had a chance to sit down, relax and start plowing through the stuff that's been accumulating on my DVR. About 5 minutes into the Scrubs pilot was hooked and ended up staying up until 2 AM watching 6 of the 10 episodes that had aired during the week.

When I saw the Circuit City circular yesterday morning, I literally stopped what I was doing and headed straight to my local store to pick-up all 3 seasons. On top of that I had a coupon for $10 off of any purchase $50 or more, so I managed to get the first 3 seasons for than $17 each.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like just Dangermouse for me although Frankenstein (Legacy Collection) and Dracula (Legacy Collection) are definately desired. I may wait for the Halloween specials like pitchman.
Especially since the next 8 weeks are going to be brutal on the wallet.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I want that Dead Zone SE, but can't shake the Feeling it's gonna show up the Walmart $5.50 bin in a few months. Think I'll hold off.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Please, ladies and gentlemen, please...stand back. The man's got a feeling. Give him room.

I could see that happening, Dave! :D

Bill_Nolan

Agent
In case anyone was planning to buy the Curious George DVD/CD two-pack at Target, I just checked it out this morning and it's the full-frame version of the movie. No CD for me...

- Bill

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
If you go to bestbuy.com they have a $2.00 coupon for nightmare on elm street infinifilm for instore only. this makes it 15.99!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's some Target new release info for titles not listed in the ad:

Nightmare On Elm Street (Infinifilm): $19.99
Pet Semetary SE: $9.99
Texas Chain Saw Massacre Ult Ed: $19.99
Dracula Legacy: $19.99
Frankenstein Legacy: $19.99
Save The Last Dance SE: $9.99

Also...here is some unconfirmed Target info (although I consider my source very reliable): around the second week of October the Target Entertainment Department (Music/Movies/Books) is getting it's annual makeover. It sounds like they will be carrying some selection of Hi Def DVDs, but I am not sure if it's going to be HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. Around the first week of Oct. the Electronics Dept gets its new look for the holidays, so I am guessing that whatever players they probably will bring in will determine what discs they carry. I'll post more as it becomes available.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I do know that on the dvdtalk forum (where I got the info) many people have stated that they were able to use the discount on top of the sale price. I am getting mine tomorrow or thursday.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
My BB took the $2 Elm St coupon and my $5 RZ cert. I also picked up Dead Zone & Pet Sematary (both $9.99, alternately $3 less & more than listed).
Passed on Frank & Drac Legacy Series, but they were tempting...

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Couldn't find Chainsaw at Target, Best Buy *claimed* they didn't get any in (i say they just didn't bother unpacking it - BB is notorious for not having new releases on the shelf Tuesday morning), and over at Circuit City I had to wait ages for someone to track down a copy. They couldn't find it anywhere, had to look it up on the computer to see if they actually got any, then had to go digging in the back until they eventually found one. Ridiculous.

-paul

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
At the Best Buy in my area, they had The Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the new release wall/shelf at the front of the DVD section. I was surprised to even see it in the ad, let alone at the front of the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks