What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-25-2012 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A couple more links have been added to the OP: Cameron's review of The American President and Matt's review of Eating Raoul.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Amazon came through with the preorder price guarantee for The Avengers 3D even though it shipped before they price matched Target. FInal price, $19.99 + tax.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/120#post_3980329
Amazon came through with the preorder price guarantee for The Avengers 3D even though it shipped before they price matched Target. FInal price, $19.99 + tax.

Wow. I figured that since the price match didn't happen until yesterday, the "pre-order" price guarantee wouldn't be in effect.

Cool.

I only ordered the 2-D version from amazon. I'm not ever going to be interested in 3-D (I don't think), so I'm not sweating the big Target pricing deal.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
And I went to Target to see if they had gotten in the Harry Potter 7 Ultimate Edition, and they had restocked their exclusive edition of the 3D 4-disc Avengers with bonus disc. The 3D version costs the same as the 2D version, so acquiring it is a no-brainer.
I'm a 3D convert because when I replaced my RPTV last year, the only thing I could find in the screen size I wanted was 3D.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Steve Tannehill said:
I just got my $9.97 refund as well, without even having to ask. Badass.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
bujaki said:
Steve,
Did you find the Harry Potter 7 Ultimate Edition at Target?
Jose
No. I'm calling tomorrow before I drive to the store.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Steve Tannehill said:
Yep. :tu: for Amazon. I got the email a little bit ago.
BTW, I'm not sure what the best part of this thread is...the pricing discussions, Mike's thoughtful inclusion of pictures or Adam's hiding of the Avengers Blu-ray for Jason. I think I'm going with the latter as we may be on the verge of starting an official HTF Target hiding place. :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Wow.  I figured that since the price match didn't happen until yesterday, the "pre-order" price guarantee wouldn't be in effect. 
Cool.
I only ordered the 2-D version from amazon.  I'm not ever going to be interested in 3-D (I don't think), so I'm not sweating the big Target pricing deal.
Amazon claims their preorder match will be the best price until the end of release day regardless of shipment timing. In the past I swear I've gotten some refunds on things even I never saw advertised anywhere.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DavidJ /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/120#post_3980505
BTW, I'm not sure what the best part of this thread is...the pricing discussions, Mike's thoughtful inclusion of pictures or Adam's hiding of the Avengers Blu-ray for Jason. I think I'm going with the latter as we may be on the verge of starting an official HTF Target hiding place.

I could totally see myself agreeing with your vote, David.

But, I could also see that as an opinion that I need to try a little bit harder.

This is from the London premiere of The Avengers:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
I could totally see myself agreeing with your vote, David.
But, I could also see that as an opinion that I need to try a little bit harder.
Hey, I'm all for inspiring you to try a little harder. :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Tannehill said:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.03 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
Price on order date: $19.99
Price charged at shipping: $19.99 Lowest price before release date: $19.96
Amount to be refunded: $0.03
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.03

You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.
Yeah, baby!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by David Norman /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/120#post_3980558
Amazon claims their preorder match will be the best price until the end of release day regardless of shipment timing. In the past I swear I've gotten some refunds on things even I never saw advertised anywhere.
I got my email from Amazon this morning about a 9.97 refund even though I bought the 3-D version for $24.97. I'm pretty sure once they finish processing my refund, the final price for me will be $19.99. Also, to your point on refunds you never saw adverstised that happen to me with This is Cinerama in which I got almost a $3 refund from Amazon.

Crawdaddy

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Almost every Target in this area was showing the 4- (I mean 5-) disc as back in stock yesterday, and I picked one up around 8:30 pm. I didn't realize that it also included a free download of the soundtrack until I saw it on the back of the case. Bonus!
I do wish they'd included an actual CD in lieu of the digital copy, though. :)
For anyone interested in toys, I got a Toys R Us circular with the following deal: $22.99 for the 2-disc Avengers (I think the 4-disc was around $29.99), plus a $5 gift card. But if you buy the disc and at least $30 of other Avengers stuff, you get a $15 gift card. So if you just want the 2-disc and don't care about the Target exclusive disc, that's your best deal on the 2-disc (and the best on the 4-disc if you're buying Avengers toys to go with).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/120#post_3980695
I got my email from Amazon this morning about a 9.97 refund even though I bought the 3-D version for $24.97. I'm pretty sure once they finish processing my refund, the final price for me will be $19.99. Also, to your point on refunds you never saw adverstised that happen to me with This is Cinerama in which I got almost a $3 refund from Amazon.

Crawdaddy

Got my e-mail this morning. Too bad I sent mine back last night.

Turns out, the order hadn't shipped when I left work on Tuesday...and by the time I got home an hour later, it shipped and I couldn't cancel it. Oh well. I now know how to do an Amazon return.

croooow

Grip
Real Name
Nicholas
Mike Frezon said:
Oh...you guys think you are all that because you got Amazon to do a price match on your 3-D Avengers copies...

Well...lookie at the e-mail I just got from Amazon on my measly 2-D copy of The Avengers:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.03 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

Yeah, baby!  
Do not spend it all in one place! :P

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've never tried before, but Best Buy will price match? I might try to get The Avenger 3D blu ray at Best Buy as my Target is out of stock. Do you need proof? Thanks.
edit, I see Target's site no longer shows The Avengers 3D 2D blu ray! Perhaps they had to put a stop to the sales.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
I've never tried before, but Best Buy will price match? I might try to get The Avenger 3D blu ray at Best Buy as my Target is out of stock. Do you need proof? Thanks.
edit, I see Target's site no longer shows The Avengers 3D 2D blu ray! Perhaps they had to put a stop to the sales.
Price match there all the time. I got the Avengers 3D for 19.99 yesterday just by showing them the printout of the Target Web Page.
They pricematch easily if you have a print ad. Some BBY pricematch Frys.com and even Amazon though the web prices will often trigger an issue since
corporate policy is not to pricematch online companies (this is a local and even store by store policy so can't hurt to ask).
If it's big item or really good price, BBY will call the other store if it's local and only PM if the price is a nonclearance and if it's in stock (gotten turned
down on the latter point several times).
They should PM and also use a manufacturers coupon, but not a store coupon (like an Upgrade and Save).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks