What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-24-2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I only wanted one thing this week: a Phillowcase.

Went to Target on lunch hour. There were no copies at the front registers (of anything...even Iron Man 3). Here's what I saw at the Media endcap.

Modern Family Season 4 Shelf .JPG

So...I asked a clerk...who, was quick to tell me he was covering for someone else who would know. He asks someone else who tells him to check on his price gun. He says he had no idea they could do that and spends a good five minutes trying to type something into the gun. No results. Other customers want help. We walk back to the end cap. Because I've seen it done a million times, I ask him if pointing the price gun at the bar code on the shelf sticker will give him an inventory count. He shrugs his shoulders and tries it. Finally, the "right guy" shows up and the first guy tells him his gun says they should have two copies. The "right guy" goes into their stock room and brings up their two copies.

it only took about 40 minutes. But, I've got a Phillowcase! :biggrin:

Modern Family Season Four Phillowcase.JPG

$29.99 - 5% Red Card Discount ($1.50) = $28.49

Jay*W

Second Unit
FYI, Neighbors Season 1 can be had for $12.99 at Best Buy after the ABCTVonDVDCoupon.com coupon.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I called a local Walmart and they said they only had one copy for $37.99. I should have asked her to scan it to see if it was on sale but didn't think of it till later. I'm curious how widespread the $24.99 price has been and if anyone has found it for this price in the Fort Lauderdale area. Seems to me Disney's being pretty greedy asking for $31.99 for a title that has already made over $1 billion in theaters, when most new 3D Blu-rays can be gotten for $24.99 on the release date. I'm not gonna shell out that much. I can wait.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
There's no different content between the THREE IM3 Blu releases, is there? Why is there a Blu+DVD version, and a Blu+DVD+Digital version (for $2 more)?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Paul D G said:
There's no different content between the THREE IM3 Blu releases, is there? Why is there a Blu+DVD version, and a Blu+DVD+Digital version (for $2 more)?
Well because you're paying $2 for the Digital Version! :D

Wal mart had both the Blu+DVD and the Blu+DVD+Digital for $19.99, as well as the 3D Blu for $24.99.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And Disney sets the suggested retail price. The b&m stores set the sale prices.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
So did the retailers collude to charge 7 to 10 dollars more than they did for Star Trek? Why would they not compete to get the sale on such a popular item? I'm guessing it has to do with how much Disney is charging retailers.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
rob kilbride said:
So did the retailers collude to charge 7 to 10 dollars more than they did for Star Trek? Why would they not compete to get the sale on such a popular item? I'm guessing it has to do with how much Disney is charging retailers.
Who knows..but Walmart has it for $24.99..$1 less than Star Trek and all the major retailers are matching it. So what's the problem? ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I only wanted one thing this week: a Phillowcase.
So I opened my Modern Family: S4 package today and looked at my Phillowcase.

I'm a bit disappointed. I wasn't thinking I was going to get a high thread count cotton pillowcase...but I wasn't expecting a shiny 100% polyester slipcover (with a zipper).

But it is still funny.

Phillowcase 2.jpg.jpeg
Phillowcase 1.jpg.jpeg
Phillowcase 3.jpg

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I don't have access to the Parade ad, and the Walmart add at the website says nothing. Does anyone have a link to or a scan of the ad?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I doubt a copy or scan would work. My local walmart had the price set at $25 without needing the ad.Btw it's also $25 at Costco.

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
The Wal-Mart I went to had IM3 3D tagged with a Sale card for $36.99. I showed the clerk the ad and he knew nothing about the $24.99 price. I asked him to scan it, and it came through at $24.99. So Wal-Mart advertises it for $24.99 and prices it for $24.99, but "end caps it" for $36.99. Go figure, but I'm glad the price charged is as scanned.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
DennisBassi said:
The Wal-Mart I went to had IM3 3D tagged with a Sale card for $36.99. I showed the clerk the ad and he knew nothing about the $24.99 price. I asked him to scan it, and it came through at $24.99. So Wal-Mart advertises it for $24.99 and prices it for $24.99, but "end caps it" for $36.99. Go figure, but I'm glad the price charged is as scanned.
My store does the same thing. I don't understand the point of advertising a sale price, then not posting the sale price in the store.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Argh! All of the sudden I can't get the coupon to print at DMR. It says I need to install the coupon printer, which was already installed. I've used it many times before. But no matter what it won't print. I've tried Mozilla and IE. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Anyone else having this problem? Windows did an update recently, so I wonder if this is the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks