Mike Frezon

Premium

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

– Whiplash – 2014

– Full Metal Jacket – 1987

– Never Steal Anything Small – 1959

– The Masque of the Red Death – 1964

– Lord Love a Duck – 1966

– The Art of Love – 1965
The Prices

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Hey RoundUppers!

If you want to buy any classic Miramax titles for $9.99 (or maybe a bit more for some "collections")...this is the week for you! :D

The rollout of some very interesting titles continue. I hope there's something for you!

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I have the new edition of The Wind Rises coming from Amazon next week. GKIDS has done such a great job with their other Gibli releases, correcting subtitles and adding bonus features versus the earlier Disney releases. I've been waiting for them to get the rights to this one for a while. I unloaded the previous release form Disney last month and look forward to replacing it.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I do highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike!

The fifth season of "Legends of Tomorrow" and the fourth season of "Rick & Morty" on Blu-ray for me, but not until the price drops.

"The Good Fight" would be a no-brainer if it were on Blu-ray.

Mike Frezon

Premium
I'll be picking up The Good Fight eventually, Adam.

I picked up CBS All Access a couple months ago, so I've already seen it. I mostly liked what I saw but it sure did seem to stop rather abruptly (due to Covid-related production issues).

Reactions: Adam Lenhardt

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for another RoundUp!

I've never seen Never Steal Anything Small, but I like the two stars and I like musicals, so I'll definitely be giving it a try. I smiled a little bit looking at the list because on it were several movies I reviewed many years ago when they made their first introduction to Blu-ray, and here they are again in new issues.

sleroi

Second Unit
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Finally, I Love You to Death on blu-ray.

Love this movie. Possibly Keanu Reeves greatest acting performance.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike!

Nothing for me this week. I picked up Full Metal Jacket on iTunes for $4.99 recently, so I anticipate getting a free 4K upgrade very soon with its release this week.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I checked my pending preorder of The Wind Rises, which I ordered as soon as it was announced back on June 11.

This is one of those weird weeks where Amazon is just admitting that they're not going to get it to me until Thursday. Now, that's not a huge problem; especially during the pandemic, I'm not going to complain about waiting two extra days for a double dip. But Amazon has been so consistent in getting me what I want as quickly as possible that it does seem unusual.

In contrast, I ordered a book last night which shipped out around midnight and will be here tomorrow. The book was an in-stock, non-preorder item, so it's not a perfect one-to-one comparison, but still.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm slated to review Whiplash and I Love You to Death, but still waiting for the UPS guy to drop them at my doorstep.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon has now dropped the price for the UHD release of Whiplash to $19.96.

It was $22.99 when @Mike Frezon originally prepared this week's grid.

For those who don't need the film in 4K, Best Buy also dropped the price of their previous Blu-ray only steelbook to $5.99. That one is available here and is currently cheaper than the standard keepcase version of the Blu-ray.

I have that and am very satisfied with it as I am not currently 4K equipped, but it's a great movie and one I would consider upgrading if I had the right setup to view it.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I picked up the Whiplash UHD steel book, Full Metal Jacket UHD, and Warner's 8 film Stephen King collection which has probably 3 of the top 5 king films. The Shining, The Shawshank Redemption, and The Green Mile.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon did deliver The Wind Rises to me today after all despite originally indicating it wouldn't come until Thursday. Good for them. I'm glad to have it back in my collection where it belongs after unloading the Disney release last month in advance of its arrival.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16