What's new

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I'm usually not swayed by cover art, but I really like the Starship Troopers steel book with the fist smashing the bugs. I might bring my lunch this week so I can spend the extra $4.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I was supposed to receive CE3K and Starship Troopers for review from Sony, but according to their PR rep, review copies haven't shipped out yet (as of Friday). At least Warner got Wonder Woman to me before street date!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just picked up the Best Buy exclusive UHD DCEU box set which I wasn't planning on because it wasn't listed in this thread. I also got the UHD non gift Close Encounters.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Wonder Woman (pun unintended) is one of those titles that Amazon has "trouble" sourcing. Because they have mine on an unknown ship date, so I just put in a Pick Up At Best Buy order and went that route, canceling the Amazon order.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Walmart has a "wearable tiara" with some copies of the WW blu. But it'll cost you $5 more.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wonder if Wonder Woman (pun unintended) is one of those titles that Amazon has "trouble" sourcing.

Good question. Amazon did feud with Warner Bros. earlier in the year from about February to May or so, but that appears to have been resolved. I was able to pre-order and receive The Lego Batman Movie in June on street date without incident.

Given the massive success of Wonder Woman in theaters, it might also just be a case of there being more demand for the disc than Amazon anticipated, and maybe they didn't order enough from WB. This is just me spitballing, but seems like a plausible alternative to another feud, which let's hope this is not because the other one jut ended.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
There's no combined WW 3d and 4k pack, right?
The somewhat convoluted answer lies here: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...bout-™-wonder-woman-in-4k-uhd-blu-ray.354200/
In short ... in the USA no ... but elsewhere ....
louis.jpg

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I wonder if Wonder Woman (pun unintended) is one of those titles that Amazon has "trouble" sourcing. Because they have mine on an unknown ship date, so I just put in a Pick Up At Best Buy order and went that route, canceling the Amazon order.

I pre-ordered WW from Amazon a few weeks ago, and it arrived on release day no issues. So one of us must be an isolated case...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There have been quite a few reports of Amazon delaying WW shipments though plenty of people getting deliveries as wall. I'm not sure what the problem is -- ? regional, Prime vs Non Prime, or just general stock issues.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Prime. West Coast. Canceled and got the steel book. Probably had enough to do the early preorders, but for those who ordered 1-2 days before release day (which was me) could be the ones more likely affected.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Prime. West Coast. Canceled and got the steel book. Probably had enough to do the early preorders, but for those who ordered 1-2 days before release day (which was me) could be the ones more likely affected.

Some were recent orders, but there were plenty of reports of early preorders having the same issue.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Saw the steelbook of Wonder Woman today in Best Buy, and really didn't like it and they had a bunch of them (over 10!). Might pass on that one. Got (from Amazon) the CE3K gift set, and "The Big Sick"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks