What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-19-2006 (1 Viewer)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Mike, I'm totally offended that you associate me with Team Rocket! :eek:

I also find it quite suspicious that someone allegedly many years removed from Pokemon exposure still remembers such details.... ;)

Besides, I was just kidding. 10 years ago, when Pokemon was the hot kid thing and you were miserable, we would have all looked at the top of the release list for the latest title from Ash and friends.... or something like that. Nowadays -- not so much! And just for the record, I *did* help out my fellow Pokemon fans by checking a couple of places: Target is selling the new 2-discer in-store for $14.99, while TRU has it for $15.99. I picked up my copy at Target while exploring the Elmo TMX situation for The Little Princess. :)

Seriously, though (really!) (no, I mean it this time!), keep up the great work on the Roundup, and don't pull a Dave Lambert on us and beg off your voluntary servitude after only a number of years! ;) (Okay, at least part of that was serious -- we'll work out the details later....)

-- David

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

scored me one of those today.
price sticker said 14.99, shelf tag was 14.99 too.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Picked up the Sci-Fi Classic Collection as well as Battlestar Galactica at Best Buy on Tuesday. The BG bonus disc didn't come with either set. I even asked an employee about the bonus disc before I bought BG, he then manhandled the back of the box and said you can feel it inside. I didn'r feel shit, but figured he knew what he was talkin' about. He didn't

So what's on the disc?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ric...the bonus disc had the 40-something minute recap show "The Story So Far". It wasn't packed on the back on the box as most extra discs are; it was stuck in a white paper sleeve between discs 2 and 3 (for me anyway).

I went to two different stores to find it. Another reason to hate exclusives.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Also worth mentioning - unlike the quality of the LOST bonus discs, which are anamorphic and match the quality of the episodes in the set, this disc has no menus, and is non-anamorphic. Real bare-bones.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys. I know the story pretty well, so I guess the disc is not needed. Still, I was 0 for 2!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
For anyone who's interested in a small price-match bonus, CC does (or at least my local store did) (despite what their website says) have "Avatar: The Complete Book 1 Collection" in stock, marked $59.99 here (vs. $79.99 on the website and in the Roundup). PM to BB ad (usually quick and painless at my CC) could save you a couple of bucks off the BB already-lowest-available price of $41.99 on this great animated series....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks