What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-18-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--Disney has a $5 coupon available for those who want to buy Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 on Blu-ray.

--ABC has $10 coupons available off Body of proof: Season 2 and Army Wives: S6 Part 1.

--Best Buy has the following prices listed on recent releases: The Hunger Games ($18.99 DVD/$21.99 Blu), Titanic ($14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu), Safe ($14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu).

--And, BB has the following Blu-rays on sale for $9.99 apiece: From Dusk Till Dawn 4 Film Collection, Gangs of New York, Ultimate Avengers Collection, Space jam, The Departed, GoodFellas. More titles in store and online.

--Best Buy continues it's deal this week to get a FREE $10 Best Buy Giftcard when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. OR...get a FREE $25 BB Giftcard when you spend $100 or more on DVD or Blu TV titles. IN STORE ONLY OFFER. Must be purchased on same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 BB Gift Card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.

--Best Buy has the following TV Shows on sale this week (titles listed are DVD unless otherwise noted):

$15.99: The Mentalist: Seasons 1-3 (apiece)

$16.99: Supernatural: S 1-6 (apiece)

$19.99: Modern Family: S 1-2 (apiece)

$21.99: Supernatural: S 1-6 (Blu) (apiece)

$22.99: Modern Family: S 1-2 (Blu) (apiece)

$27.99: Hawaii 5-0: Season 1

$29.99: Big Bang Theory: S5, Spartacus - Vengeance: S2, 2 Broke Girls: S1,

$34.99: Big Bang Theory: S5 (Blu), Spartacus - Vengeance: S2 (Blu), 2 Broke Girls: S1 (Blu).

$39.99: The Vampire Diaries: S3, Fringe: S4.

$44.99: The Vampire Diaries: S3 (Blu), Fringe: S4 (Blu).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $4.99 & $9.99 apiece.

--Buy the Indiana Jones: Complete Adventures Blu-ray at Target and get an EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE of 5 lithographs.

--Target has an EXCLUSIVE BLU RELEASE of Katy Perry The Movie: Part of Me. 20 Minutes of exclusive content and box art. Exclusive Fashion Pack has unique packaging and five exclusive featurettes focusing on Kathy's iconic style, going behind-the-scenes with the singer and her stylist johnny Wujeck plus an all-access look at her movie poster photo shoot.

--Besides the coupon posted above, you can save $8 more at Target if you buy BOTH Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 AND Beverly Hills Chihuahua 1 or 2.

--Target has the following sales prices on recent releases (DVD unless noted otherwise) (more titles in store):

$12.99: This Means War, MI: Ghost Protocol

$14.99: Think Like a Man, Mirror Mirror, The Three Stooges

$19.99: Titanic (Blu-ray)

--And, Target has a Disney sale this week. Get a FREE $10 TARGET GIFTCARD when you buy The Tigger Movie Blu-ray ($19.99) AND a Tigger Plush Doll ($32.99!). They also list the following DVDs for $14.99: Lady and the Tramp, Tangled, The Aristocats.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Expensive week, but after meeting DP Steve Burum last night I have to get War of the Roses and Hoffa. Also The Game so I can retire that LD, and Devils Advocate and Ed Wood. All catalog...

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Forgot I have The Game coming next week paired with The American President (needed to order together to get the free shipping from Amazon).

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Adam Gregorich said:
Indy for sure, The Game on the next Criterion sale.
I was going to too, but $24 at Amazon is pretty good, only $4 more than you'd pay at the BN sale and there will be other titles to get the next time that rolls around that aren't so well discounted now.
At least that's how I justify skipping a meal LOL

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by daddymention /t/323772/weekly-roundup-9-18-2012#post_3975831
....and now I must start paying tax on my amazon orders this week since I'm in CA.

Welcome to the club, David. New Yorkers have been doing it for quite some while now...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Probably just Supernatural Season 7 this week (and maybe S2 on blu, as that's one I've never been able to find at a reasonable price). I'll wait on Indy until the holidays and see if there are any better sales.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I'm kind of surprised there are no reviews on Hoffa or War of the Roses yet. This will be a third dip on these for me, going back to the big Fox Video LD box sets. very excited to see something new (which Mr. Finn seemed to indicate) after the DVDs were basically ports of the LDs.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
I'm kind of surprised there are no reviews on Hoffa or War of the Roses yet. This will be a third dip on these for me, going back to the big Fox Video LD box sets. very excited to see something new (which Mr. Finn seemed to indicate) after the DVDs were basically ports of the LDs.
Maybe after War of the Roses, something lighter, like maybe ,,,,, oh I don't know -- The Ref

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
David Norman said:
Maybe after War of the Roses, something lighter, like maybe ,,,,, oh I don't know -- The Ref
LOL If you want dark, I think Criterion has Eating Raoul coming out in a few weeks. WotR was funny to the 12 year old me, and still funny today :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Big week for me. Indiana Jones, Halloween II, Halloween III, The Game, The Cabin In The Woods, Ed Wood, Supernatural: S7 and Get A Life. Some of those are going to have wait for sales or I'll be selling my plasma at a blood bank.
Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks as always for the RoundUp, Mike.

There are at least a half dozen titles on the list assigned to me for review, but apart from Hawaii Five-O, not one of them has arrived (including the Criterions which are usually early). So look for reviews of some of these movies in the days ahead.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DennisBassi /t/323772/weekly-roundup-9-18-2012#post_3975850
A Double Life was released in 1947, which would probably explain how Ronald Coleman who passed away in 1958 was around to appear in it.
Fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks