What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-16-2014 (1 Viewer)

Clay_E

Second Unit
Just noticed a correction to be made: the Round-Up lists Amazon's price for the Hannibal Season Two Blu-Ray as $19.99, but the actual price listed on the site is $27.99 (a shame, because I'd have bought it instantly at $19.99, but $27.99 is a bit much).And that sucks about Modern Family not coming out on Blu. I guess I don't need to buy any of the ones I'm missing on Blu, either...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Clay:

Thanks for the sharp eyes. This has been fixed.

Since I have $19.99 listed as my stock price in the template I use each week to build the WRU, I will assume all responsibility. Although maybe the morphine should take SOME of the blame...

:laugh:

Clay_E

Second Unit
Ric Easton said:
Mike, here's to a speedy recovery and staying out of hospital rooms!
Yes indeed! And Mike, as someone whose wife has been in and out of the hospital more times in the last seven years than I can count, let me just say: ALWAYS blame the morphine! :) Feel better soon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mike Frezon said:
Guys ====================================== Now I've got a question. If I were to do this: Godzilla & Big Bang Theory at BB (for special Godzilla price) Can I also get another TV show (or two) $14.99 and up and realize even more savings? That might not be a bad strategy. But I might be better off waiting for any of the new TV sets to show up in used bins. ==================================
15% off when you buy two or 25% off when you buy three, priced $14.99 or more.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I got that, Tony.

Wait, I wrote that (in the OP). :biggrin:

I guess the better way to phrase the question is: does Best Buy stack deals like that at the register? Would (in my hypothetical) The Big Bang Theory count towards BOTH the discount on Godzilla AND the %-off deal on multiple TV titles $14.99 and up?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best wishes for speedy healing! Even though it was elective surgery this time, it's still surgery.

I'm also hoping the Best Buy deal stacks, as I was thinking of attempting a combo of Godzilla, Sleepy Hollow S1, Grimm S3, and Supernatural S9.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I'm also hoping the Best Buy deal stacks, as I was thinking of attempting a combo of Godzilla, Sleepy Hollow S1, Grimm S3, and Supernatural S9.
Have you done the math, Malcolm?

Should be a good deal, right?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This should stack. It's one of those hit a button to RIng up the transaction things that should do the discount automatically at the end. Pay attention at the end and If it doesn't work make sure they fix it.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I was one that REALLY liked Godzilla...definitely a rental to rewatch it, but hoping a full "bells and whistles" edition comes out at some point. Already have a copy of Fault on hold to rent...love my library!

Glad to hear you are doing well, Mike!

David Mahlan

Stunt Coordinator
David Dias said:
Is Best Buy still good when it comes to price matching Amazon?
I haven't tried it in a while.
Yes, I price-matched Amazon at Best Buy about a month ago. In fact, I didn't even know what the Amazon price was ... I just asked about price matching at the register and the cashier checked for me to see if the Amazon price was lower. As I recall, it saved me about $8 on a $20 item.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
Have you done the math, Malcolm?

Should be a good deal, right?
I ran a test on their website, and it seems like it all comes together for 25% off all three TV sets and Godzilla 3D for $14.99.

Maybe I'm safer ordering online, since I know they'll find some way to screw it up in the store (like the last time I tried to take advantage of one of these multi-TV set purchase deals, and they claimed that Supernatural was not a TV series....DUH! It says "Season 7" on the cover, and you sell it in the TV section).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mike Frezon said:
Guys:

Thanks for all the "likes" and well-wishes. I was stunned to see how many people had liked that 2nd post!
speechless-smiley-020.gif
Warms a guy's heart. Truly. Many, many thanks.

Nah, Jason. I haven't written much of anything about it. It all came up kind of fast (even though planned out).

Another major surgery (but elective this time rather than emergency)...but it went really, really well.

And...I missed most of the "who attacked the HTF?" debacle of this week! :biggrin:
First, a big WooWOO on that! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Mike Frezon said:
Now I've got a question.

If I were to do this:

Godzilla & Big Bang Theory at BB (for special Godzilla price)

Can I also get another TV show (or two) $14.99 and up and realize even more savings?

That might not be a bad strategy. But I might be better off waiting for any of the new TV sets to show up in used bins.

Second, have you already bought any of the BBT seasons so far? IF not, you might wanna consider importing the UK release via Amazon UK instead.

Seems much cheaper that way although they do seem to squeeze more episodes into a single disc than the US release, which can be a plus since it doesn't seem like the US version PQ is noticeably better.

I was about to do the BB deal last week for Captain America 2, but ended up doing something else (w/ Homeland and House of Cards) instead after I realized there will probably be a much cheaper 7-season UK boxset from Amazon UK before too long -- you can also go for their current 6-season set if you don't want to wait for the next set to include S7.

Just a heads up on that...

_Man_

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy has lowered the price for Hannibal Season 2 to $22.99, cheaper than Amazon which is selling it for $27.99.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ghostbusters 1+2 BD is $15.96 at Walmart B&M from multiple reports, so $10.96 after teh $5 MQ from above.You might be able to PM at other stores, but since it's not listed online it will make it quite a bit moredifficult

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks