What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/13/2005 (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Tony,
The sticker was promoting the upcoming DTV prequel Carlito's Way: Rise to Power, which comes out on 9/27. I noticed it at my local Walmart.

Jay*W

Second Unit

Scott,

My pleasure -- glad someone else was interested! If there are none left on the shelves, be sure to check under the rack. I saw another box of them there.

Jay

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
BestBuy's website has "Carlito's Way" as dropping today, but I had a clerk double check their actual inventory, and it read that 41 units were "on order" and set to arrive in 2 weeks.

Bah.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone's local Costco carrying Cheers and Frasier? I went to mine today, but there were no copies which seemed odd as I believe that they carried all the previous seasons (although my Costco has been late occaisionally in putting out their DVD inventory) If so, what were the prices?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No Red Sox editions of Fever Pitch at my local Target today either.

Went to Best Buy (who had told me over the phone they had plenty of copies) and found they had maybe ten (tops) left. Very few of the regular edition either...although Wal-Mart must've had more than a hundred copies (regular edition) out in a huge display.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Got my WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RED SOX edition of Fever Pitch at a Best Buy in St Louis today. They did not have any copies of the "regular" versions

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
My wife tried to pick up HHGTTG today at a BB outside of Atlanta. They only had the fullscreen. She checked with a clerk and he said none of the Best Buys got any WS editions. Anyone had trouble finding one?

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
BTW the price at BB for my copy of the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON RED SOX edition of FEVER PITCH was $15.99, not $16.99 as originally listed on BB.com and reported in this thread. This is the second time recently that a new release disc was listed at $16.99 online and $15.99 at the store during release week (the other one being DOWNFALL). It seems that BB is playing it close to the vest, waiting to see what other retailers are doing. Or perhaps they are doing like WalMart, pricing differently in different locations/markets.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If anyone missed out on the Desperate Housewives Coupon on Lost: Season 1...there is THIS OPTION. Its a $10 digital coupon off DH: Season 1 at bestbuy.com. $38 - $10 = final net price of $28.

In the other thread on this topic, Gord Lacey of TVShowsonDVD.com has posted about a $10 rebate for anyone who purchased both LOST and DH season sets.

I'm not certain you can do this rebate with an item bought from an e-tailer...but I don't see why not.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, technically that's not $10 off the DH release. It's a $10 coupon to be used at bestbuy.com on another purchase. They did the same thing with Lost's pre-order, and in the case of a pre-order you cannot do store pickup (i.e. tack on another $1.50 in postage). I took the deal though and plan to use my coupon for DH. I guess I could also do the DH pre-order deal and then have $20 worth of coupons to use on something else.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I went to Target today for Fever Pitch - didn't see any Red Sox editions on the new release shelf, so i figured I'd look in the comedy section to see if they had any there and, sure enough, they had a few. But they were marked $19.99 instead of the $16.99 the regular editions were marked. I figured I'd take it to the register to see if I could get it for $17. After it rang up $22.99(!), I told the cashier it was supposed to be $16.99, so she called over "Adam." Here is the complete transcript of their "conversation":

Cashier (showing him the DVD): "16.99?"
"Adam": "OK."

Apparently, Target employees have mastered the art of asking and answering questions without using things called nouns and verbs. Who needs those? :) That's why Target is better than Best Buy IMO - so much better customer service. BB would have probably made me go to the service desk, then they would have had someone go back there to check, etc.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Purchased already:

Fever Pitch: Red Sox Curse Reversed Edition

Planning on getting:

Ben-Hur 4-disc CE
Brady Bunch: Season 3
Cheers: Season 6
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
SCTV-Network 90: Season 4

Sometime in the future:

Carlito’s Way: Ultimate Edition
Da Ali G Show: Season 2
Doctor Detroit
Frasier: Season 6
Taxi: Season 3
Smallville: Season 4
Psycho 2
Psycho 3
Rumble Fish SE
Sigmund & Sea Monsters: Season 1

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks