1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 9-10-2019

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Message #21 of 29 Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    I could be wrong, but aren't all of these Warner or Disney titles? (Dark Phoenix is a Fox title, but its artwork has been patterned after Disney's titles, and it seems like Fox titles will eventually become part of the ongoing Amazon-Disney feud once Disney fully consolidates Fox's home video division into their own, which seems to be a matter of "when" and not "if.") That being said, Booksmart is a Fox-distributed disc title and I got that from Amazon last week on time. But maybe Disney is starting to take a more active role in the distribution of Fox product with Dark Phoenix. And we've been discussing in previous threads that Warner is now apparently feuding with Amazon again too. All that being the case, I don't think it's so much that Amazon is having a widespread problem as that titles from these specific distributors are being impacted by the feud. I pre-ordered a book from Amazon which was to arrive yesterday and it did, exactly when they said it would. But obviously the book wasn't distributed by Disney or Warner's home video divisions.

2. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Apocalypse Now is a Lionsgate/American Zoetrope title.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Good to know. Then, I don't know what's going on there. Thanks.

4. David Norman

David Norman Producer

For a year with Warner ESPECIALLY affecting the WAC, but also th Universal and Sony pressed MOD's from the same Allied Vaughn company.

For 3 years with Disney and no end in site.

But don't worry, if you need a $2.45 watch battery, they'll ship that to you in a 24x36inch boxes with 12 layers of bubble wrap overnight.

If it's not Alexa, Echo, Fire, or some other Amazon branded product -- I expect very little out of Amazon anymore.

Jake Lipson and Malcolm R like this.
  5. Message #25 of 29 Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    I think it's a bit of both, depending on the title ...

If it makes you feel better, Target keeps on delaying Flesh Gordon (now expected September 25th) I pre-ordered it weeks ago and it was "Backorder) on release day ... :emoji_poop:

6. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    Actually, it does make me feel better! From the responses overall it seems Amazon isn't completely to blame, but I hope the industry works this out because having firm release dates has been one of the positive aspects of accumulating movies for me. (I won't say "collecting", because for me it's more of an obsessive hoarding than an organized pursuit.) So my new cynicism is that the industry doesn't care that much about individual purchase of discs anymore, because the money is in leasing to one of the growing streaming vendors.

Malcolm R and B-ROLL like this.
  7. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Or B&N has Flesh Gorgon in stock -- $23 (< $20 with a 15% off code) + Shipping. It would be a bit better with THE JETSONS + 10% Order code except THE JETSONS is still in that weird timing with WAC releases where it's not eligible for Free Shipping yet.

Flesh Gordon + The Jetsons at Deep Discount = $45+tax with the current 15% off

8. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    [​IMG]
    I wish I could cancel at Target.com - but I used gift cards for part of the purchase and there was another disc I already received on the order ...

9. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Cinematographer

Sounds like a Jetsons/Flesh Gordon double feature is in order.