What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon is not fulfilling orders of released products in a timely manner anymore? I have two orders now that they say will be delivered well after their announced release date (Flesh Gordon and The Jetsons)

I had Godzilla King of Monsters delivered 2 days after release date, and now Dark Phoenix is scheduled 2 days late before it even has shipped. Never really had any problems before these past 2 months.

My copy of Apocalypse Now arrived exactly one week after street date from Amazon. Worse, it didn't ship until the Saturday after street date. Amazon's excuse - I selected "No Rush Shipping" so they were in "no rush" to get it to me. :eek:

I could be wrong, but aren't all of these Warner or Disney titles? (Dark Phoenix is a Fox title, but its artwork has been patterned after Disney's titles, and it seems like Fox titles will eventually become part of the ongoing Amazon-Disney feud once Disney fully consolidates Fox's home video division into their own, which seems to be a matter of "when" and not "if.") That being said, Booksmart is a Fox-distributed disc title and I got that from Amazon last week on time. But maybe Disney is starting to take a more active role in the distribution of Fox product with Dark Phoenix. And we've been discussing in previous threads that Warner is now apparently feuding with Amazon again too. All that being the case, I don't think it's so much that Amazon is having a widespread problem as that titles from these specific distributors are being impacted by the feud. I pre-ordered a book from Amazon which was to arrive yesterday and it did, exactly when they said it would. But obviously the book wasn't distributed by Disney or Warner's home video divisions.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I could be wrong, but aren't all of these Warner or Disney titles? (Dark Phoenix is a Fox title, but its artwork has been patterned after Disney's titles, and it seems like Fox titles will eventually become part of the ongoing Amazon-Disney feud once Disney fully consolidates Fox's home video division into their own, which seems to be a matter of "when" and not "if.") That being said, Booksmart is a Fox-distributed disc title and I got that from Amazon last week on time. But maybe Disney is starting to take a more active role in the distribution of Fox product with Dark Phoenix. And we've been discussing in previous threads that Warner is now apparently feuding with Amazon again too. All that being the case, I don't think it's so much that Amazon is having a widespread problem as that titles from these specific distributors are being impacted by the feud. I pre-ordered a book from Amazon which was to arrive yesterday and it did, exactly when they said it would. But obviously the book wasn't distributed by Disney or Warner's home video divisions.
Apocalypse Now is a Lionsgate/American Zoetrope title.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon is not fulfilling orders of released products in a timely manner anymore? I have two orders now that they say will be delivered well after their announced release date (Flesh Gordon and The Jetsons). Do you think the problem is with Amazon or with studios not supplying the product when they say they will? Or is it just me, and others are getting these on time?

For a year with Warner ESPECIALLY affecting the WAC, but also th Universal and Sony pressed MOD's from the same Allied Vaughn company.

For 3 years with Disney and no end in site.

But don't worry, if you need a $2.45 watch battery, they'll ship that to you in a 24x36inch boxes with 12 layers of bubble wrap overnight.

If it's not Alexa, Echo, Fire, or some other Amazon branded product -- I expect very little out of Amazon anymore.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon is not fulfilling orders of released products in a timely manner anymore? I have two orders now that they say will be delivered well after their announced release date (Flesh Gordon and The Jetsons). Do you think the problem is with Amazon or with studios not supplying the product when they say they will? Or is it just me, and others are getting these on time?
I think it's a bit of both, depending on the title ...

If it makes you feel better, Target keeps on delaying Flesh Gordon (now expected September 25th) I pre-ordered it weeks ago and it was "Backorder) on release day ... :emoji_poop:

Last edited:

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Actually, it does make me feel better! From the responses overall it seems Amazon isn't completely to blame, but I hope the industry works this out because having firm release dates has been one of the positive aspects of accumulating movies for me. (I won't say "collecting", because for me it's more of an obsessive hoarding than an organized pursuit.) So my new cynicism is that the industry doesn't care that much about individual purchase of discs anymore, because the money is in leasing to one of the growing streaming vendors.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Or B&N has Flesh Gorgon in stock -- $23 (< $20 with a 15% off code) + Shipping. It would be a bit better with THE JETSONS + 10% Order code except THE JETSONS is still in that weird timing with WAC releases where it's not eligible for Free Shipping yet.

Flesh Gordon + The Jetsons at Deep Discount = $45+tax with the current 15% off

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Or B&N has Flesh Gorgon in stock -- $23 (< $20 with a 15% off code) + Shipping. It would be a bit better with THE JETSONS + 10% Order code except THE JETSONS is still in that weird timing with WAC releases where it's not eligible for Free Shipping yet.

Flesh Gordon + The Jetsons at Deep Discount = $45+tax with the current 15% off
giphy.gif

I wish I could cancel at Target.com - but I used gift cards for part of the purchase and there was another disc I already received on the order ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.