What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/9/2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Second straight week of nothing for me. Bunch of stuff pre-ordered for next week, though. Thanks, as always, guys.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Not to burst your bubble, Mike, but in the Best Buy circular, I did see them advertising the "Full Screen" version of "Kung Fu Hustle" so you might want to think about amending the round-up with your usual disclaimer.

Probably nothing for me this week. Maybe, the Muppet show, but I'm not sure.

The last month or so has been a calm before a pretty big upcoming storm.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I hear ya! September and October are gonna be BIG months for me! Too many darn box sets on the horizon!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Definately, It's especially ironic when I have seen recent threads pondering on the "glory days" of DVD being over. From where I'm sitting, it looks like this fall is going to be one of the worst times (in terms of spending) in recent memory.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Probably just Columbo and Hush Hush but I might spring for McMillan and Wife too.....I remember liking that program a lot back in the day and it would be curious to see whether it holds up as well as Columbo.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dillon: Click here for a complete list of ALL the DVDs listed in this week's Circuit City flyer. You'll need to scroll through the whole thing to find 'em. First ae the $5.99 DVDs...$8.99 are next...and so on.

I'm back from my summer fun! I apologize for not knowing last week that The Cosby Show release contained edited episodes. That really sucks. I cannot imagine that happening in this day and age...especially with Season 1 of such a recent, high-quality show.

I'm sorry too for any price confusion...but that's why I included the disclaimer that I picked all the prices from the respective web-sties of the stores...and two weeks early to boot! I find a fair amount of price movement certain weeks as we get close to release date.

And, I'm sorry too about missing the MAR releases of Kung Fu Hustle, Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn. :thumbsdown:

Well, now that I'm sorry about all those things...I think I'll be sorry that I'd love to run out and get Season 1 of The Muppet Show...but that it'll have to wait a bit. :frowning: Oh well. :D

Thanks everybody for all your usual nice words.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunatley, in this day and age, this problem seems to be happening more and more.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Sadly, as Will said this is becoming more and more common.

Roseanne season 1 is using syndicated prints.
Third Rock season 1 also used syndicated prints.
On the upcomming 4th season of Married with Children something like 7 episodes are syndicated episodes.
The Andy Griffith Show season 3 is also edited but we don't know if it was because the original elements couldn't be traced down, if there was a music clearance problem, or just studio greed.
Even the Muppet Show has some edited bits.

Alex S

Second Unit
My wife just tried to buy Winn Dixie at Best Buy and it comes up $19.99.

:frowning:

Has anyone bought Winn Dixie at Best Buy for $14.99 ?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"**Wow! All of this week’s releases seem to be available in their OAR versions! "

that should be taken off.
the mgm titles are full frame only.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Tony: Thanks! I've already taken it off and added Kung Fu Hustle and your thoughts quoted above.

Are there other MGM titles besides Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn that should be mentioned?

Matt M

Grip
Muppets Wizard of Oz for .99 at BB. After the instant $10.00 off with purchase of Oz and Muppet Show S1, there is a $5 rebate inside both packages. Sweet deal.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
hansel and gretel, puss n boots, snow white, rumplestilskin, and beauty and the beast.

these are part of some type of fairy tale line of movies.
they are full frame but maybe they were origionally that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks