What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/6 - LORD OF THE RINGS Edition! (1 Viewer)

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
This is going to be a very expensive week for me.
Hot Shots I and II, LOTR, Super Troopers, Sanford and Jeffersons. Ouch:D

Chris Huereca

Auditioning
On a Fight Club related note, I snagged "The Sound of Music" from a shelf in Wal-Mart since I have been meaning to buy it forever... Since it is going OOP, I decided $19.96 was a fair price... It rang up for $14.44. :D I don't know if it is an isolated pricing problem at my store, or if it is at that price nationally, but worth a check if you are there anyway.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed a sign up at Miramar (MCAS) - (San Diego, CA) - in the exchange that they will have LOTR for $14.99 on Tuesday only. If you know anyone in the military that is stationed there it's a good price with no tax.

It's always fun at Miramar to see how many places you recognize that was used in "Top Gun".

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think I forgot to post this: Called CompUSA last night and verified: No sale price on LotR this week OR - as far as she knew for now - next week, either. Just making sure everyone is aware!

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up LOTR and Khan today
Got Khan at Wally World aka Wal-Mart for 19.78
They had LOTR for 15.78 the cheapest Ive seen.

My CC did have Clash of the Titans but alas no Doctor Who and the FYE in the mall wasnt opened yet so Ill prob hit Borders this weekend and if not that then order it off amazon.

Cheers and good hunting!
Chris

DaveN

Grip
I can confirm that the Tower Records in downtown Chicago is selling LOTR for 22.99. Geez! I guess I hafta get on the 'El' and visit BB during lunch.

David

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My local borders have NONE of the new WB releases, nor the two Hot Shot! discs, per the lady I phoned just as they opened their store up. :frowning:

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Well, I called two Tower stores near me in San Jose: Campbell and Mt View. Both stated that LOTR are $22.99. I wonder if it was a promotion at one specific store that I didn't call. Anyone else?

Also, I thought I saw someone say that they thought that Fry's was going to have ST for $16.99 or something less than $19.99 that most have been offering. No Fry's ads in the SJ Mercury today that I saw....strange being it's a big release week. Can anyone confirm this "loss leader" price before I run out to Fry's for no reason?

Bob

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator
Tower Records in Mountain View, CA has the LOTR DVD for $22.99. Maybe it was the VHS version that was advertised on the radio for 12.99.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen a price for Simsons Season 2 at Wal*Mart?

I believe 33-34 and that seems to be the average price around.

Chris

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Okey dokey. Did the "drive around to see what's up" confirming rumors and this is what I found interesting. (Note that I'm located in San Jose, CA):

Fry's: LOTR $22.99, ST:WoK $19.99. Nothing interesting here.

Costco: LOTR $19.49, ST:Wok $17.99, Speed 5 star $16.99, Simpsons season 2 $32.49 (I think). Speed was the interesting one here at $3 cheaper than what I've seen elsewhere. Same with ST:WoK (not including Borders w/coupon).

I'll probably heading off to Walmart to see what they've got. I'll post back here if I make it out there today.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Well, I am 4 for 4 today. Picked up LotR at BB and Hot Shots, HS : Part Duex, and The Swarm at Borders. As expected, I had to try a couple of Borders to find those catalog titles, but it was worth it. All told, about $60 after coupons.
Much Thanks Dave. Do I get a "I survived August 6th and all I got were these lousy DVDs!" T-Shirt? :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Costco: LOTR $19.49, ST:Wok $17.99, Speed 5 star $16.99, Simpsons season 2 $32.49 (I think).
$32.99 on Simpsons. Also Super Troopers for $17.49. I didn't see anything except Widescreen copies of LotR, so that's pleasing in the extreme.
Picked up $100 worth of stuff at Best Buy, though...have to wait on the OTHER $100 worth of stuff until more money shows up! :eek: :D But my special friend who works there got us a promo LotR jumbo-size window decal, and a Jimmy Neutron endcap sign (for my son). Her way of saying goodbye, as it's her last day there. Farewell, Ash; I will miss you dearly. Not just your help, but your friendship, too. Keep in touch!!! :frowning:
Everyone should have a friend like Ash...

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up Star Trek 2 DC at BB in our Vegas store today and it rang up 16.99

Sticker says 22.99, store display listed it 19.99. Sales reciept says Reg 19.99 with three dollars off.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Dave did you find Doctor Who at Best Buy?=]
Ill be making the trip to borders this weekend when im off of work and closer to getting paid again and nicer :)
Hmmm gotta go Dark Riders are looking for Hobbits:)
Chris

Christopher D

Second Unit
Another confirmation of $32.99 for Simpsons and $17.99 for Khan at Costco. No need to wait for BB Preferred Weekend. Woo hoo!

Khhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn! !!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks