What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/31/04 (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Just getting Invader Zim this week, even so I should get a few titles from the last two weeks as well, but not yet. Would get Passion of the Christ, but it barebone, so I rather just rent it and wait for the big edition. Thanks for the roundup Mike. *finds it funny that is called Weekly Roundup and Mike always keeps a picture of Woody and Jessie from Toy Story 2 :D*

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Invader Zim 2
South Park: The Passion of the Jew

That'll do for this week.

Thanks, Mike! :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's just you. I'm seeing fewer and fewer worthwhile prices there. But the dvd market has been in flux since the beginning. So, this is nothing new. Hell, they might actually have good deals again someday.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ya know...I once toyed with the idea of calling this thing Woody's RoundUp (the name of Woody's 1950s TV show and the theme song which was playing on the record during that scene)...but it just wouldn't make any sense. Unless, of course, I changed my name to Woody...then, maybe, Woody's RoundUp would make sense...but then my family would have to struggle with getting use to the new name...the IRS would want to know what's going on......

:D

BTW, those are some of the lyrics to Woody's RoundUp under the photo in my sig.

Matt.K

Agent
Thanks Mike for your dedication to the Weekly Roundup and for all of your hard work.

Has anyone heard if there has been any word whether "Passion of the Jew" will be included or excluded from South Park: Season 8 set(whenever that might be coming out)?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I'd assume it will be on the S8 set when they get to it. Probably they just wanted a current tie-in with that other "Passion" flick.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Howdy from Houston Mike! and thanks for your hard work;)

I look forward to each Sunday for your invaluable info:cool:

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Even though I already own them, I think getting all 3 Jurassic Parks in DTS for $20 at Best Buy is WELL worth it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ya know, James...I'm gonna guess that you are right on the money about this. I'll just betcha that Wal-Mart will be the place to go tomorrow to get the best deal on The Passion of the Christ.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Was debating about TPOTC but decided against it. This is not one movie I will want to watch repeatedly. As my girlfriend hasn't seen it we will rent it. Looks like I'll hit BB for the 3 for $20 (Maverick, Rules of Engagement, either Deep Impact or Thin Red Line).

Pete Moisan

Auditioning
FYI BryanZ...

I'm almost positive that I read on DVD File within the last month or so that there was going to be a special edition of Deep Impact released before the end of the year. If I find the story, I'll link to it here

I couldn't find the story in DVD File, and I'm not allowed to post a link, but I found some info on DVD Fanatic in the news on 8/9/04. The release data is 10/5, it'll be a two-disc-er, and it'll be around $20

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Anyone know the current expected release date and/ or MSRP for the mega-set of all three seasons of original Trek?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Aaron. I don't. But maybe someone else does!

I can tell you that:

Season One comes out August 31 (tomorrow)

Season Two is expected to come out November 2.

Season Three is planned for December 14.

Maybe the three season mega-set will be released at the same time as Season 3? Hmmmmm. Right before the holidays?!?! :D

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Nothing this week, but eagerly awaiting Columbo and Alfred Hitchcock (among others) next week.

As for BB's pricing...I can't remember the last time I bought a DVD from them that I didn't have to do a price match for...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks