What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 8-28-18
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hello RoundUppers!

Not much I'm interested in this week--in terms of new releases. Time to save up for the big final push of titles for 2018! :D

Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work as always, Mike!

Nothing for me this week either.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

Looks like I'll be picking up the slack for some of you :)

I received Merrily we Live in the mail today, and have the following on pre-order:
  • The Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection
  • The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection
  • Tucker: The Man and His Dream

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, as always, Mike. Nothing for me this week. I did buy the Jack Ryan 5 film set in 4K/UHD on iTunes for $29.99, though. We watched The Hunt For Red October this evening. It's been a long time since I saw that film.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for this week's RoundUp, Mike. Thanks also for including the link for the Merrily We Live review which I sneaked onto the site just before your posting.

I'll be picking up the Creature and Invisible Man Blu-ray sets. Got to have that new 3D with one and the Abbott and Costello film in the other (along with the other films in the sets).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When I first looked at that poster for Merrily We Live, I thought the younger guy was Ryan Gosling. He's aged very well! ;)

Will be picking up the Creature and Invisible Man sets at some point.

Was out and about today. The only two blu's to be found at Costco were Avengers: IW and Deadpool 2 for $22.99 each.

And it appears the local Best Buy has completely purged the CD's. Still a decent selection of movies.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks, as always, Mike. Nothing for me this week. I did buy the Jack Ryan 5 film set in 4K/UHD on iTunes for $29.99, though. We watched The Hunt For Red October this evening. It's been a long time since I saw that film.

Wait, what?! $29.99?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Target has 10% off Deadpool 2 through it's Cartwheel App ...

Aaaaaargh! That's where I picked up my copy...cuz I wanted to get the 5% off using my Target Redcard. But I never even thought to look at the Cartwheel app.

FWIW, they were completely put of the 4k versions with the exclusive book...but still had a few of the Blu copies with the EXCLUSIVE (not suitable for children) book.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaaaaargh! That's where I picked up my copy...cuz I wanted to get the 5% off using my Target Redcard. But I never even thought to look at the Cartwheel app.

FWIW, they were completely put of the 4k versions with the exclusive book...but still had a few of the Blu copies with the EXCLUSIVE (not suitable for children) book.

5 days left so if you're in the vicinity, drop by and have them add the Cartwheel. They should do it like a missed coupon, but if the price is the smae I guess you could do a buy/return

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I cancelled both Universal monster sets today...I’ll get them down the road, but I can’t justify them right now. Not with two weeks in Europe coming up plus a weekend trip to Anaheim in October, condo renovation I want to start in January AND D23 in Anaheim next year.

My next birthday is also starting to hit me...I’ll be 40. And it’s time to really start buckling down in life.

Until I see a good deal I can’t pass up, of course. :dancing-banana-04:

Thank you, Mike!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Wait, what?! $29.99?
Yes. If you are okay with streaming versus buying the discs and have a way to stream iTunes content, it's a very good deal that works out to $6 per film. The only downside for me is the films are from Paramount, so do not transfer to the other streaming services via Movies Anywhere.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I already purchased mine last week and my store had no 4K Target exclusives (an did not have them available online when I looked last week) My Target also had the Target Exclusive blu-rays though

If you can't get enough Deadpool and have money to burn ... Wal-Mart has some Deadpool inspired slipcovers for older discs that aren't Deadpool ...
deadpool-dvdcovers-walmart-700x933[1].jpg
;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
5 days left so if you're in the vicinity, drop by and have them add the Cartwheel. They should do it like a missed coupon, but if the price is the same I guess you could do a buy/return

Stopped by Target today. The clerk at customer service said they have a three-day policy to take a "forgotten coupon." She would have done a return/re-buy to honor the Cartwheel, but since it was still within the three-day window, she just manually calculated the discount and gave me a cash refund.

Thanks very much, David!

[I use to know all the store's return policies and how they worked (including who-price-matches-who). But as they change constantly (and Target is the worst in this regard) and I get older, I find I just don't retain that information as easily as I used to. Or maybe I just don't feel the need to, any more.]

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I already purchased mine last week and my store had no 4K Target exclusives (an did not have them available online when I looked last week) My Target also had the Target Exclusive blu-rays though

If you can't get enough Deadpool and have money to burn ... Wal-Mart has some Deadpool inspired slipcovers for older discs that aren't Deadpool ...
View attachment 48997 ;)
These are hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stopped by Target today. The clerk at customer service said they have a three-day policy to take a "forgotten coupon." She would have done a return/re-buy to honor the Cartwheel, but since it was still within the three-day window, she just manually calculated the discount and gave me a cash refund.

Thanks very much, David!

[I use to know all the store's return policies and how they worked (including who-price-matches-who). But as they change constantly (and Target is the worst in this regard) and I get older, I find I just don't retain that information as easily as I used to. Or maybe I just don't feel the need to, any more.]

3 days is different -- it used to be 7-10 days, but I guess that's a direct price adjustment for a lower price. though given a 60+ day return period for a Redcard holder it really makes little sense not to just automatically apply the Price Guarantee since it's just as easy to buy a new item and return it on the old receipt essnetially getting the same place and wasting inventory and employee time to process and restock the return. I think Best Buy does have a price guarantee for as long as your return period though doing a missed coupon is much harder since they usually have to process it as a return -- which dings you at the Secret Return file Algorithm at TRE or whoever tallies up that number

Regardless of the actual policy I've rarely been turned down to add a Cartwheel or coupon if it's within reason even if it takes a manager override so never hurts to ask

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. She very specifically mentioned the three-day thing as a "missed/forgotten coupon" event...which seemed illogical to me.

But we are talking retail here... :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks