What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/26 (a VERY big week!) (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just got an e-mail from Borders. They are running an end of summer sale. Buy any 4 cd's or dvd's and get the 5th one free. The sale runs from now until September 1st.

As for yesterday only picked up Stitch for the little one as I already had the "The Two Towers" and "The Simpsons:Season Three".

Well I'm off to the South of Jersey until Tuesday. So here is to Dave and everyone else here. Have a safe & healthy Labor Day weekend.

joe

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

All I know is this week's BB circular has a little bubble over the DVD picture (it's on the music page, next to the live CD) that says "3 exclusive Best Buy tracks included."

To me, the words "exclusive" and "Best Buy" indicate that BB is the only place to get this version of the DVD.

As with any retail purchase, it's up to the customer to decide if it's worth the extra price.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"Also if you purchase ANY DVD from them right now you can get Meatballs (Bill Murray flick) for $6.99."

FYI: Wally World has been selling that title for 5.88 for quite a while now and you don't have to make a qualifying purchase.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
About the Cher “Farewell tour”, After reading here Targets price last night I was going to try to price match it on BB today but they probably won’t do it because BB’s dvd does include a separate dvd with three bonus “Music Videos”, they are “If I could turn back time” , “Heart of Stone “ and “ We all Sleep Alone”. I’m yet to watch the bonus disk, so I can’t comment on whether is worth the extra cost.

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
2 of different large chain stores I went to yesterday, have broken street date on

The Breakfast Club (HSRE)
Sixteen Candles (HSRE)
Weird Science (HSRE)

When I asked the clerk about the violation, he stated they we just restock of catalog titles.

Keep your eyes open! To bad the price breaks are not until next week.:frowning:

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Well you could go ahead and get them now and then just go back for the pricematch (plus 10% if these places you spoke of are doing that) and have them now.

Greg

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
I went to best buy yesterday and picked up The Two Towers, Stitch, Animal House & ER. I tried to price match with target and kmart ads and they tried to only match but not take off the additional 10%. I was told everything from "The discount was already figured in" to "thats not our policy". I had to point out the big sign at customer service to them and they still didn't get it. It took nearly 45 minutes and once they finally called the manager it was done in 5 minutes.

Also If anyone is interested I stopped by costco today and noticed that they are having an unadvertised special for From Justin To Kelly. The price is marked $17.29 but it is actually $12.29.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was at the FYE at Crossgates Mall in Albany. They had ER for $32.99 with a $5 mail-in rebate, making it $27.99 (eventually).

Tommy G

Screenwriter
While picking up TTT and Stitch! I also picked up the free 24 season 2 preview. Does anyone know if this is anamorphic widescreen? Just wondering if I shoud throw it up on the 106" screen.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Matt, I had a similar but unsuccessful experience; I took a COMPUSA ad into my local Best Buy last week to pricematch the Warcraft III expansion to $19.99, had not previously purchased it at Best Buy, and they matched the price but wouldn't give me the extra 10%. The manager was pretty arrogant/rude about it, said they only give the extra 10% if you've already purchased the item at Best Buy and THEN see it for less somewhere else, come back to the store to pricematch. I posed a hypothetical: What if I buy it and then, in the parking lot, or inside the store as I'm leaving, I run into friends/family with the CompUSA ad -- I march right back and get the extra 10% , right? So why make me jump through that hoop -- can't I just show the ad right now and get the extra 10%, or do I have to leave the store and come back in? Her answer: "Sure, go right ahead and do that if you want to be dishonest and deceitful." What's the freaking deal with that?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Her answer: "Sure, go right ahead and do that if you want to be dishonest and deceitful."
That is SO WRONG on so many levels. And when you add in the arrogance, you gotta go over her head. And, remember, you'll be providing a positive service to her boss to let him/her know what her subordinate is up to. If, as you make your way up the food chain, you find a similar attitude -- don't go back!

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave!

Not much for me this week.

BestBuy: Mallrats & Animal House

I wasn't planning on getting AH, but I found out it was a new transfer/5.1 mix. At $12.99 plus $5.00 off of Weird Science which I was gonna get anyways I couldn't pass it up.

I also picked up used copies of Lost In La Mancha, 12 Monkeys, and The World Is Not Enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks