What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/24/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Listen, Daryl. First, you come to the wrong place for a "intervention". ;)

Secondly, you should understand that everyone here at the HTF knows you've been "tooting your own horn" for years now! :D

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Girl Next Door was advertised for $9.99 at fye after rebate. Don't know if this was only for pre-order or if they were offering the unrated version.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly you can get an exclusive free DVD when you buy "The Girl Next Door" DVD at Best Buy:

It's a free Maxim DVD that covers the top 10 semifinalist of Maxim's "Girl Next Door" contest, and features the winner of said contest as well.

Perhaps someone will confirm early tomorrow if this is true.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Did anyone see the KMart ad for 5 for $20? The titles in the ad are: AI, Harry Potter & Chamber of Secrets, Jurassic Park III, Spy Game and City By the Sea. Ad says titles may vary by store. Anyone see this in store? Are there more titles does anyone know?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anybody have any news on the Girl Next Door deals at:

Best Buy -- Free Maxim DVD; or at

Coconuts -- Free Elisha poster

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thanks so much for posting this info! I was going to head out to Best Buy today to buy "The Munsters" but since I read this post looks like I'll be diverting to Circuit City and saving approx $9.00! AWESOME!!! Work can't get over fast enough!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just doin' my job, David*P.

Just doin' my job.

:D

Oh. And we're here every week! Stop back!

Say hi to Herman, Grandpa, Lilly, Eddie and Marilyn. Ah...don't forget Marilyn.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My local BB had the maxim disc, but I haven't had a chance to watch it. They seemed to have less Maxim discs than GND discs, so it is definitely a "while supplies last" type of thing.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dont forget if you do find the maxim disc, you can buy it for penny, without buying the girl nxt door.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter

I picked up TGND & Purple Rain at the Inver Grove Heights, MN Best Buy (pm'ed PR to CC's $17.99). I threw in the NBC fall lineup dvd since I thought it was free - nope, it rang up at $4.99.

I tried to argue that while the ad did not explicitly state that it was free, the wording in the weekly flier ('No purchase necessary/Limit one per customer') reflected the spirit of a free promotion.

Alas, to no avail. Instead, the CSR's were adamant that the disc was $4.99 since it was a special preview disc.

??!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At my local Best Buy, the promotion was: Buy The Apprentice Season 1 DVD set, and get the NBC Fall Preview DVD for free, otherwise it was $4.99.

I picked up GND and the Maxim DVD combo. It's been a while since I picked up a new DVD release...

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Are you sure of that? The flyer here in L.A. had it offered for free, no purchase required.

When I had my purchases rung up it did note on the receipt that the cost (in the left hand column) was $4.99, but that cost was NOT included in the final total (the right hand column).

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
In your fliers, what is the exact wording of the promotion? Was the word "Free" used anywhere in the product description?

The argument used by the clerk against me was that the wording 'No purchase required' did not mean free. Instead, the customer wasn't required to buy anything in order to receive the $4.99 'deal'.

Christopher D

Second Unit
I had the same problem with the NBC disk and just returned it on the spot -- had already bought Apprentice at Target cheaper. They have so many offers and packages that it's impossible to keep track of them all.

Although I think this is widely known, I haven't seen it here and want to point out that Best Buy has tons of "Madden" coupon books lying around that include a 20% off any DVD coupon. I got Futurama for $26.39 with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks