What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-21-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I also use to listen to Joe Gallagher (and Marge) on WHEN while I was at SU. Probably the only college kid who listened to ANY AM radio! Joe is now in Albany still doing P/T on air work at WGY.

And, Gary, I remember the start-up of WAQX.

I interned at WTVH Channel 5 while I was there. I bet Ric's got a channel 5 story or two. I worked mostly with Jim Holland & Joe Sottille on the 11pm newscasts. Ron Curtis and Kai Maxwell were the main daytime anchors.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Okay, Mike, now this is getting freaky! :eek:

Before relocating the family to Columbia, MO, my last job in Syracuse was at WTVH!

I served as director of client services under general manager, Gary Wordlaw. For several years prior to that, I was manager of advertising for a large retail food concern and I did weekly broadcast production at TV5. Since we maintained an office in the WTVH building, I got to know Ron over the years and I must say he was always a gentleman and a class act. I was saddened to hear of his passing. Lastly, and even more amazingly, a very good friend of mine at the time, dated Kai when she worked at TV5.

Pass the popcorn, Tony!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Sorry no channel 5 stories from me (first tv job was in Columbus, GA)... except that I worked with Jim Holland & Joe Sottille here in Albany in the late 80's! Holland was the News Director and Sottille was the weather guy before he got axed with a bunch of others during a blood bath when the station got bought out by a new company!

Ahh, memories!

Hadn't heard that Ron Curtis died. How long ago was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks