What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/20 (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
And for anime folks, the Gasaraki Perfect Collection of 8 discs is at Best Buy for $99---substantially less than the shipped price of anywhere online that I know of. A welcome change from their usually grossly overpriced anime. A surprisingly expensive week---and the torrent of 8/27 is yet to come! At least I get paid soon.....

MikeM

Screenwriter
Thanks again for the excellent roundup, David! :emoji_thumbsup:
Unfortunately, my love of dvd's is superseded by my love of good food. Although, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Ramen. I just need diversity.
Me too, I need the variety and the DVDs....that's why this month I'm trying Chicken Flavor Ramen, Pork Flavor Ramen, Garden Vegetable Flavor...:D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Mmmmmm...
Chicken flavor ramen...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
So if I get it from Circuit City it will be $5 off...then the package has a $5 off rebate...is this in ADDITION to the other $5 off?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
John, I honestly don't know. I bet there is just ONE $5-off deal, and CC just advertised it and noone else bothered, since it was OEM-based.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I used to eat ramen noodles without cooking them.

I guess today is the day of reckoning to see if Best Buy will take $5 off a purchase of both JB/PF and give away FDTD for free. I'll try to swing around lunch and report my luck. otherwise, I'll just get them at Circuit City because I don't have much interest in FDTD.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Just returned from Best Buy with Pulp Fiction CE/Jackie Brown CE combo for $26.98 ($15.99+$15.99-$5.00 instant rebate) plus From Dusk Till Dawn (free). Additionally, it seems that I can send in for the $5.00 rebate for my origninal Pulp Fiction making the net investment $21.98 for the CE combo (roughly $11/2disc set + 1 free title). This reminds me of the 'deep discount' days of dvdexpress vs. buy.com from a couple of years ago (40%+). With a MSRP of $29.99 the discount works out to be 60% per title. ;)
Joel

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Success!!

I just returned from BB with FOUR movies for $43 (incl tax): PF, JB FDTD & Soilders. The coupon on JB didn't scan, but the cashier took the $5 off manually, no questions asked. Pretty cool, 3 spectacular new relases and one "been meaning to pickup" for around 10 bucks a piece.

Have Fun.

C

Jodee

Screenwriter
I also got the Best Buy deal: JB + PF + FDTD minus the $5 manufacturer coupon.

Best Buy really didn't promote this in-store with signage, so my guess is lots of people will not use this coupon and not even notice it until they get home.

They also didn't promote the free FDTD deal in-store. I had to go to the Horror/Sci-Fi section to find the disc and just brought it up to the register with me. So if you didn't see their weekly ad you wouldn't have known anything about it. I wa stehre at 10:30 and they only appeared to have about 10-15 copies left of the free disc.

With tax, my 3 discs came to $28.90!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Picked up Jackie Brown, Pulp, Dusk till Dawn, and We Were Soldiers, for $45. Gotta love Illinois tax. :rolleyes
Best Buy seems to be honoring the $5 coupon. What a deal this is.
-Dean-

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
It didn't "not work" for me. :) Pulp, Jackie, and FDTD for less than $30 total. Gonna leave FDTD sealed for now, until I figure out what to do with it. . .

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Snag! No problems in Houston. They were out of FDTD in the stacks, but when I got to the counter the clerk pulled one out for me. Took the coupon with no questions asked.

This has gotta be in the running for Deal Of The Year!!

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone get the BB deal for Van Wilder??? Wondering if there are lots of copies of weekend at bernies or not?!?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My Best Buy had to manually enter the coupon as the computer would not properly scan the $5 off coupon. I ended up getting JB/PF/FDTD for $29.62 w/ California sales tax, not bad at all.

The fact that the coupon did not scan properly might be worrisome if BB decides to do something about it later on in the day/week. But for now, it works!

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Can add a similar report on my BB experience today - no signage on the deal in the store & cashier/manager were not aware of either the free dvd offer or the $5 off.

Initially, I had some resistance about getting both offers. I was told BB only allows customers one discount offer per sale. I tried to present a case that the $5 was not a BB discount offer, but attached to the disc itself. It was tough going. However, the manager finally decided to just go ahead and have me redeem the $5 coupon & get the coupon. I think the growing line of customers behind me may have been a factor...
From reading the other posts, I think its going to be hit & miss. Luck seems to play a part in which cashier/manager team you get.

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
What a great deal. Jackie Brown & Pulp Fiction for less than $30 and a free Dusk Till Dawn DVD. Awesome.

And at the same time, I walked over to the PC Game section and picked up Madden 2003 for an unbelievable $24.99.

What a day.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
JB plus PF plus FDTD for $28.90 at the Westland, Michigan Best Buy. No questions asked.

I, too, am keeping FDTD sealed until I decide if it will live with me. Anyone seen it? Keep or sell??

Jon

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had to peel off the $5 coupon off the front of the Jackie Brown DVD, and give it to the BB clerk, and it didn't "ring up", and she tried to convince me that I was getting $5 off Jackie Brown from the normal $19.99 price (but the sale price was $15.99, so her explanation didn't hold much water), so she reluctantly just punched in a $5 credit for the coupon I gave her off the Jackie Brown DVD, and also paid $28.90 for the 3 DVDs.
There was a bunch of "Weekend at Bernie's" next to the "Van Wilder" DVDs (and I almost went for the deal ($15.99 for Van, free Bernie)) but decided to hold off until the weekend (meaning if I still wanted it, I'd buy it then). Just for the novelty of the menu system on the "unrated" Van Wilder. :D
I almost convinced myself to pick up "We Were Soldiers" for $14.99 and get $5 off on "Payback" but for me, I didn't feel like watching "We Were Soldiers" again (war films only warrant the initial viewing for the most part for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks