What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-17-10 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I actually did get one, but I canceled it after getting the initial $20 gift card because I just don't buy things there very often. I stop in sometimes when I'm at the mall, but their prices are generally not too exciting. I remember going in on my birthday for the 20% extra discount and walking out disappointed. Their used BD prices mostly suck and their used CD selection is not that great. IIRC, there were some other benefits related to restaurant and travel discounts that seemed OK -- do they still offer those?

At least, I think I got the initial $20 gift card. Not sure where it is.

Most of my recent CD purchases have been made at, believe it or not, Hot Topic. I got their new loyalty card, which is free (and, coincidentally, runs on software for which I write the documentation :) ).

child

Auditioning
Real Name
mahmood
Hi. Iwant buy amp but idont which one good . iwant 9.2only for my home cinema . yamaha or onky or pioneer . which one good company ?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Could not believe that Hamlet was finally coming to Blu-ray! I hadn't even heard it was in the works... I got my order in at Amazon! Glad I never bought the DVD!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Originally Posted by child

Hi. Iwant buy amp but idont which one good . iwant 9.2only for my home cinema . yamaha or onky or pioneer . which one good company ?

Those brands are all fine. For more information, click on More Forums->Home Theater Hardware->Receivers/ Separates/ Amps. Good luck and have fun researching!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

I actually did get one, but I canceled it after getting the initial $20 gift card because I just don't buy things there very often. I stop in sometimes when I'm at the mall, but their prices are generally not too exciting. I remember going in on my birthday for the 20% extra discount and walking out disappointed. Their used BD prices mostly suck and their used CD selection is not that great. IIRC, there were some other benefits related to restaurant and travel discounts that seemed OK -- do they still offer those?

At least, I think I got the initial $20 gift card. Not sure where it is.

You must've got their card with the monthly fee? They have two different ones. The one I got has a one-time cost of $25 and is good for a calendar year. It gets you 10% off all items purchased and then there are coupons for 25% off one item or 40% off one used item--things like that.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

You must've got their card with the monthly fee? They have two different ones. The one I got has a one-time cost of $25 and is good for a calendar year. It gets you 10% off all items purchased and then there are coupons for 25% off one item or 40% off one used item--things like that.

Hm. . .now that you mention it, I think that card was something like $10/ month. I don't remember for sure though.

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up "30 Days of Nights" on Blu for 9.99 at Best Buy. They had a bunch of BDs for 9.99 and 14.99 on sale. Looks like some good deals are to be had.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As predicted, I picked up a PS3 on Thursday night. And then I went on a mini-shopping spree last night at Wal-Mart, Target and BB. Everything I got was on sale, so I'm fairly happy with my shopping abilities. The total is 13 BD's: Speed Racer, Toy Story, Speed, Terminator 3, Hulk Vs., Invincible Iron Man, Little Miss Sunshine, Office Space, Terminator 2, Gangs of New York, Across the Universe, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Day the Earth Stood Still (x2). Both Target's I went to were plum out of Law Abiding Citizen, King Kong and The Kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks