What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/17/04 (1 Viewer)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I went to Circuit City last night looking for Duel and Stir of Echoes. They didn't have either. The guy looked it up and, what do you know, they never received either one. He didn't seem to think they were getting them, either. I went across the street and price-matched at Walmart, which had plenty of both titles (regular price was $14 and change each).

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
The BB I was in ran out of Scorsese boxes quickly- rather than search any further, I ordered on Amazon yesterday.

Got Duel (price-matched CC).

Anybody see Sugarland Express anywhere for cheaper than $15? Wal-Mart, maybe?

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

I figured this was not one of those titles that B&M's were going to carry (in any numbers anyway) so I ordered it from Amazon for $13.99. As far as I know that is the best price available...along with the 'great' price for the Scorsese Box set of $41.94 :) .

Joel

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Joel. Scorsese box price was indeed great.

Think Amazon raised their Sugarland price, though... 17.38 when I looked yesterday (15.59 on dddvd)... I'll probably go back to BB for it... $15 and the reward zone points...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's an update of prices at BJs Wholesale Club.

These prices were recorded at my local BJs (in Albany, NY) this afternoon.

Taking Lives $15.99 (only through 8/22. It will go up to $17.99)
Hidalgo $18.49
Disney's 3 Musketeers $17.79
Connie & Carla $18.99
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen $18.99
Kill Bill Volume 2 $18.29
Sugarland Express $13.99
Hellboy $18.79
Quantum Leap Season 1 $37.99
Laverne & Shirley Season 1 $27.99
Happy Days Season 1 $27.99
Duel $13.99
Goodfellas $18.99
Lost Boys $18.99
Good Times Season 3 $19.89
Enter the Dragon $18.99
Predator $17.49

See above. :D

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Hey, my local Wal-Mart is selling Jony Quest Season 1, Flintstones Season 1 and Jetsons Season 1 for 29.95 each, Scooby is still 49.95 but this is a good price break for those holding out on these. I know they are regional in sells and all but take a look if you are interested.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Slightly off topic, but my Best Buy (in Massachusetts) just starting adding security to DVD box sets in the form of what look like, truly, anti-personnel mines. They're like bungie cords wrapped around the package, with the "mine" in the middle (a circular, 2 inch in diameter and about 1 inch high "mine").

Here's why I don't like them: Besides probably scuffing up the boxes, they've also made it impossible for the Best Buy employees to put the DVDs on the shelves neatly. So the whole section is a disaster area of lumpy boxes... it's a mess.

Is it like this everywhere now?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Mine wasn't using them as of Tuesday, but I have seen them before in other stores and hate them for the same reasons you stated. Will be going there tomorrow and will post what I find.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Media Play used to do this to their DVD season sets as well. Now, that nearby Media Play closed down a couple of months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks