What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/17/04 (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Does anyone know which version of Donnie Brasco Circuit City is offering for $8.99? Is it the SE or the old original version?

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
New York Minute and Gia are all for me this week. I want to get the Margaret Cho Collection and Saved by the Bell: College Years but they'll have to wait.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Joshua: Bring your Target ad to Wal-Mart and you can be sure to do better than $17.99. What's their policy -- The lower price minus 10% of the difference?

I was surprised that Connie & Carla clocked in at $19.99 everywhere. I woulda thought they would have priced that dog to move. That thing got bad reviews all the way around.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Wow, expensive week indeed! Scorsese Collection, B5 movie collection, Duel and Sugarland Express right off the top of my head.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I checked Bestbuy.com and Chopping Mall is listed asa $10.99 not $19.99. That makes a lot more sense since is a B movie from the 80s in full frame only and no special features.

I normally dont buy MAR releases, but this is a movie I'll make an exception for since its by no means a fine piece of art, and I am glad to just be able to see it on any video format.

EDIT: circuitcity.com shows $12.99 for this movie as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
MikeEckman: Thanks! As I've said before, a large part of putting together the RoundUp each week is Cutting and pasting. There are, unfortunately, those times when I zig when I should have zagged and an entire row of numbers ends up in the wrong place. Thanks for the sharp eyes. All prices for Chopping Mall have been corrected. I'm sorry for the mistake.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Including MAR-only releases on the Roundup? Is that what we've sunk to?!?!?! :D

(Actually, it might be worth noting that up top where you mention the other MAR releases.)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I have been noticing the lack of Best Buy flyers in Atlanta too. Annoying. But I am happy to find most of the relevant info here...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Whew! Ya know, when I read MikeEckman's remarks about the prices of Chopping Mall I completely the remark about MAR. But since I've already gone ahead and changed it, I will take Aaron's suggestion to announce its inferior status in the RoundUp post.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me honest here. :emoji_thumbsup: I appreciate the help. I look at this thread as a community effort. I do my best to get it started...then everyone else piles on and we really find out what's what.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Did I click on the cuddle thread by mistake? That sounds like code for "group hug." :D

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I'll be grabbing 2 copies of Goodfellas (One for me, one for my mom who LOVES that movie) and Three Musketeers... I wish I had seen a review of it other than UltimateDisney.com

I'm sure there will be pleny of hate for the DTV title :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm still behind from last week! ;) Today I gotsta get Goodfellas and After Hours...and maybe the Donnie Brasco / Midnight Run two-fer at Best Buy. (Duel, Mean Streets, Candyman, Stir of Echoes and Chopping Mall go into my "buy it soon but not today!" bin.)

Gotta save my pennies for next week's fourth and final Futurama fest!

Patrick.C

Second Unit

This is only a guess, as I don't work for Best Buy (I do work in print advertising for a large retailer, though) but they may be zoning their inserts. They have the ability to drop inserts in the AJC three ways: 1. Full coverage which includes all subscriber AND single copies 2. Subsciber copies only 3. Zoned (geographically) subscriber copies - in other words, if you're a subscriber to the AJC but you don't live within X miles of a Best Buy location, you don't get an insert.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks