What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/16/2005 (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Principle. The complete season 3 set should be just that - complete, and since it's not, I'm not going to reward the studio with my money.

Now, what I may do at some point in the future is buy the set used, which would give no money to the studio, and not raise their sales figures any, but right now I'm far too pissed at them for not including an available complete episode, that any such used purchase is a long ways off, if ever.

Alex S

Second Unit
Anyone know if any of the stories on Disney's Timeless Tales One or Two are on previously released Walt Disney Treasures Dvd's ?

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Sin City (UMD; at CC for the lithograph set)
The Simpsons: The Complete Sixth Season
Will & Grace: Season 4 (at Target for the $5 Gift Card)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Sin City (UMD for me I'll Get the Spec Ed DVD later)

I've been wanting to start picking up the Lucy Sets but will probably wait untill Paramount Gets a big Honkin Set up.

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Astaire & Rogers Collection with the surprise bonus of the "Gold Box" Amazon savings bringing the price down to $37.75, impossible to resist.

ToddJ

Second Unit
Does anyone know what the lithograph looks like that comes with Sin City at Circuit City?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Todd: HERE'S the litho (basically the movie poster/DVD cover).

And, HERE'S the ad page from the circuit city flyer...with the lithograph on the bottom.

Nice looking. Don't know how big, though. ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Went to Costco hoping to find a good deal on The Simpsons. They had it on the shelf, but unfortunately it was $30.49, which is disappointing given how many regular stores are carrying it for $29.99.

However, in a stroke of great news, they finally have The Thin Man Collection there, and for the fantastic price of $34.49. That's also the price they have for the Fred & Ginger box.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Patient round-up gang bangers will be happy to know that Costco is playing catch-up with their Warner box-sets this week. They had The Astaire-Rodgers set, The Thin Man Collection, The Bette Davis Collection, and the Joan Crawford Collection in stock at my local store. I believe they were all listed for $34.49. They only had one box with a couple of copies of each set, though.

Addendum - George sure types fast. :)

Regards,

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Just got the SIN CITY 'lithos' from CC: 5x7" on coated card stock (basically the weight and print quality of a cardboard DVD sleeve). Pretty nice, nothing too hi-falutin'. Will probably just live inside the case (haven't checked if there's any insert yet.) Hope this helps!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I like the lithos. They are reproductions of the teaser posters, I just wish they had the Rosario Dawson one in the bunch the ones in the set are:
Jessica Alba
Bruce Willis
Mickey Rourke
Brittany Murphy
Benicio Del Toro

Not bad.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just thought i'd mention you can buy the sin city comic for a penny at best buy with any other purchase.

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
TonyD, I wish they would've told me that. I bought 2 CDs there on Tuesday but went to Circuit City for Sin City because it was $2 cheaper and I already own the graphic novels. But for a penny I would've gladly gotten the comic for collector's purposes. No signs or anything indicated that was the case :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks