What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/12 (1 Viewer)

Roger_C

Stunt Coordinator
WOW $24.99 for Futurama!

I'll really miss it. The last few episodes were sub-par, but I thought it was the funniest thing on. I'm glad to see the DVD's.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps Best Buy will price match on Futurama for me. I'd like to use my RZ card for the release, but won't pay more than $24.99.

Has anyone hit warehouse stores on B5 yet?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Damn! That's a killer price on "Futurama 2" at Target. I'm just concerned it may be gone by the time I get there this afternoon.

Has anyone hit BB to get Paper Moon yet? They often don't have the catalog titles on release day.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen B5 S3 at BJs yet, but I think they have Season 2 for $70, so they'll probably have the S3 for the same. I managed to get an amazon.com coupon from Mastercard (they sent me an email about updating my email profile and for doing that I got a $15 amazon.com coupon) and so just ordered from there since that brought down their price to $60.

Neil

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
I decided to stay local, and picked up Babylon 5: Season 3 at Circuit City. Using Fry's sale price this week, plus C.C.'s 10% of the difference additional discount = $57.99.

Cheers.

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
To anyone who has Futurama Vol. 2:

This set, like the previous, has the outer case which stores another case that stores the DVDs. Is anyone having trouble getting the inner case to come out of the outer case? I can't for the life of me get it out. It just seems too packed in to budge. I even tried opening the top but that didn't help.

Edit: After 5 minutes or so of the up and down jiggling it finally came out.

RafaelB

Second Unit
I had the same problem with my futurama case as well, but a healthy dose of (carefully) jiggling it up and down cured that.

As for "Will and Grace" at Target, it's 29.99, so I grabbed that as well.

Costco had Futurama for $32.99 but no W&G.

I'm just happy I stopped at target on the way to work this morning. :D

Rafael

Craig W

Second Unit
Thank you to the people who participate in this thread. If it was not for this thread I would have gone to BB and paid $35 for F:V2. Thanks you saved me $10.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
This morning I bought Futurama 1 and 2 with Target PM at 24.99 each and got the extra $10 off for $19.99 each. I also got King of the Hill $19.99 nand Family Guy $29.99 with Target PM and Paper Moon for $9.99 reg price. A total of $99.95 plus tax. More than I was going to spend but I could not pass up these deals.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Ditto what Craig said. $24.99 for Futurama was sweet!

- Steve

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Will & Grace was $27.99 at Costco near my house.

SNL 25 Years of Music was $39.99, and for $12.99 each you could get Molly Shannon/Will Ferrell/Adam Sandler (no Eddie Murphy, though).

Sunrise was $34.99 at Costco, plus you got free copies of 3 other Fox Studio Classics. :wink:

The 4-packs of Fox Studio Classics were these 3 choices:
1) The Ghost & Mrs. Muir/Anastasia/Inn of The Sixth Happiness/Sunrise
2) Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing/Song of Bernadette/An Affair to Remember/Sunrise
3) All About Eve/Gentleman's Agreement/How Green Was My Valley/Sunrise

B5-S3 was there, but darnit I forget the price it was for! Sorry...

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I too would like to throw in a hearty thanks for the Futurama V:2 Target price.

Also, many many thanks and appreciation for Dave's hard work on the Weekly Roundup. You have saved me tons o'money over the months.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Is anyone gonna get the remake of Carrie? It's supposed to be out today! I wonder if it's been postponed. None one here seem to be talking about it.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Didn't think Futurama 2 was actually going to be $25 at Target and since I won't have time to make it there until Thursday, I picked it up today at FYE in the mall where I work for $30. I was planning on watching it tonight but I'm probably going to go to Target Thursday to get KOTH for $20. Do I not open Futurama and return it to FYE tomorrow and get it at Target or do I open and watch it tonight? Decisions, decisions. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i hope it's still 24.99 tomorrow.i didnt have a chance to get to best buy to pricematch today.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Rats! The Target store [Spokane Valley, WA] I checked today didn't have any Futurama Vol. 2. None. Zippo. Zilch. Not even a shelf tag for it. (Though they did have Vol. 1 for $24.99.) Nobody there could confirm for me that the price was indeed $24.99.

Went to check on Wal-Mart [Veradale, WA] and they had it for $34.84, beating the local Best Buy's advertised price of $35.99.

Needless to say, I returned empty-handed. :angry:

Will have to go back into town tomorrow to try again.

Dave C.

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone notice at BB they have the new Day of the Dead special edition out already. Picked it up for 20.00 and will pm the day it comes out :) I just hope the whole audio bug isn't too big of a problem.

Also did any of you notice Target had a different version of House of 1000 corpses than BB. Targets was in a regular plastic(dont know the name of the case) case and bb was a cardboard fold out case. Both had the same specs...kinda weird.

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks