What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/10/04 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
TonyD,

I'd check with your state Attorney General's Consumer Affairs office.

I think if a store has specifically advertised an item for sale, they either have to have the item in stock OR issue a raincheck. They can't just lure you to the store then say, "too bad, so sad, come back again soon."

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Tony, I get the same kind of crap at my local CC. They often don't have advertised titles, and if they do, it's only 1 or 2 copies. Even if they do have stuff, it's often difficult to find - and don't bother asking the staff. They don't know what's going on.

I see people complaining about Best Buy all the time, and I can only conclude they've never shopped at Circuit City. BB ain't perfect, but CC often makes 'em look like they are.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought this was odd. I have yet to pick up Bill Cosby - Himself and found myself in a Wal-Mart yesterday. They didn't have any and the rather-informed electronics clerk I spoke with said others had been asking for it and that they have checked and they show no paperwork that they are ever going to get any.

Seems like a real family-oriented disc. Wonder why?

But they did have Kill Bill for $15.87. :rolleyes

Off to the mall to pick one up. :D

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks again HTF for saving me a few dollars.
Picked up Lost Boys today at BB ($17.99). I'm glad I got it the first week because the sticker on it said $24.99, so I'm sure it will be there soon.
While I was there also picked up The Pefect Storm for $9.99.

Lost Boys I've been patiently waiting for since I've never picked up the barebones (as much as I really wanted to).

Perfect Storm also looked like a great movie with quality extras. I remember renting it & really enjoying the movie but never caught the extras. Plus with the recent events it only seemed fitting. :P This will probably get played before TLB.

Again,
Thanks.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Quick note:

Fry's has Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary Edition for only $9.99. Price is good through Tuesday, 8-17-04. It was listed in saturday's newspaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks