What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/10/04 (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Did you try adding it to your cart? That's where it shows up $24.99. The newspaper ad just says "low price" and it is next to Reservoir Dogs which is $4.99, but then if you also got $5 off for buying vol 1 & 2, then it would be free!

Miki<>C

Agent
is the reservoir dogs at CC the newest release? The information Im getting is yes and the 5 slip covers were limited is this correct?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I'll Bite on Kill Bill 2 and Predator from Target, great prices hopefully they still have some after 5pm. I think a Free ticket is the only way I'll go see AVP so what the heck PG13 indeed.

And DDD is the best place to go for ALF I should have my copy tommorrow.

John Gido

Second Unit
What a horrible price for "Crossroads"! I was expecting it for at least $2 - $3 cheaper because it is an older title. Maybe they have it confused with the Britney Spears movie with the same title :frowning: .

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Circuit City fixed their online price for Kill Bill Vol. 2. It now shows as $15.99 instead of $4.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I will be near a Circuit City tonight. I will see if I can wander in and scope this situation out. I own neither film (not sure if I want to...ultra-violent martial arts is okay...but not a priority. I like some Tarantino. I've never seen either film.) But, if I can grab Vol. 1 at CC for a great price, maybe I'd go over to BB and score Vol. 2 with the slip cover.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

I bought it yesterday and it is indeed the 2-disc SE sans the various collectible covers.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Good to see ALF at the top of this week's Roundup, Mike. That was my favorite show as a kid, and I happily pre-ordered this one for ~$21. Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow.

Here's some ALF Trivia for you: Paul Fusco, co-creator and voice of ALF, is from Hamden, CT (my hometown).

Just ALF and Freaks for me this week.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I can confirm that Predator will have tickets included at Target (at least the initial shipment).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Mission accomplished. Kill Bill Volume 1 at my local Circuit City (in Guilderland, NY) is $19.99 through the end of the month (8/31). So......

Circuit City's deal starting tomorrow is buy both Kill Bill movies and get $5 off. $16 + $20 = $36. $36 - $5 = $31. $31/2 = $15.50 per movie.

Hope this information is useful to some of you folks!

Wish there was a good way to accomplish the two movies and get the slipcover at BB. Maybe I'll get Kill BIll Volume 2 at BB with the slipcover and then look for a used Kill Bill Volume 1 somewhere.

BTW, picked up Von Ryan's Express at CC tonight while I was there. It was marked $12.99....but rang up at $10.99! :emoji_thumbsup:

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I dipped into the 3$/20 well at BB, picking up Glengarry Glen Ross, Three Kings, and Out of Africa. Couldn't help myself. I don't have Jackie Brown, so the combo deal, not to mention the slipcase, is an easy call.

Thanks for the hard work Mike.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Alf is a definite. If I can find the Cosby disc I'll pick that up as well.

Good Times season 3 will be a purchase but probably not right away, although IMO season 3 is the last good one.

I might rent Johnson Family Vacation.

Thanks for the roundup Mike/Patrick.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dammit!!! I really wanted to buy ALF, too! :angry:

Lion's Gate should not be allowed to handle TV on DVD.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My local Best Buy (Dearborn, MI) had "Freaks" marked at $14.99 (vs. the $15.99 online and in-store ad listing).

Regards,

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Just picked up Kill Bill v2 at BB during lunch (NYC, 23 St.), and they still had plenty of slipcases--they're pretty cool!
As always, thanks Mike & Patrick.

Oh, and the AvP movie pass made the double-Predator-dip a no-brainer for me.
(I will happily resume no-brain mode in the theater, too.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks