What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 8-1-2017
WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– Going in Style – 2017

full

– Hired Gun – 2016

full

– The Bitter Tea of General Yen – 1932

Weekly RoundUp 8-1-2017

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A much-needed quiet week for me, RoundUppers as it is generally a quiet week in terms of new releases.

I am curious about this Blu release of The Bitter Tea of General Yen. Does anyone know anything about the quality of this release? I would be very interested in that particular release if the film looks to be in good shape.

And Hired Gun sounds like it could be exceptionally interesting. Kind of like that documentary from a couple years ago: The Wrecking Crew.

Thanks--AS ALWAYS--for "likes" to the OP. Youse guys is great.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd love to review General Yen, but I haven't had a chance to request it yet. Otherwise, though, you're right, Mike. It's a slow first week of a new month. Things will pick up as the month continues.

Thanks for the RoundUp and for including the links!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Round-Up!

I’ve had the new “Shin Godzilla” movie on preorder for at least three months!

Can’t wait for Tuesday!!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. The Shout! Factory release of The Fog intrigues me, as I never did upgrade my DVD copy to BD. Anyone know about the transfer on this one?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Nothing for me this week either, but thanks for putting this together, Mike.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike for the RoundUp.

MV5BZDI3MmIyNDgtMWM1Mi00YjhkLTg5OGQtZTkwYThiZTk5ZjIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUxODE0MDY@._V1_.jpg

I pre-ordered The Bitter Tea of General Yen. Very happy to upgrade a favorite film of mine. Anything that Capra/Stanwyck did together I am buying.

I am not a steelbook guy, but those three Carpenter ones look pretty cool to me! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and getting those as well.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I forgot to add in my previous post that I saw The Circle in the theater a few months ago and it was without reservation the wort film I've seen in at least a year, if not longer; I'd have to actually look up my list of everything I see to try to figure out when I've encountered something worse. This despite having a terrific cast of people whose wok I normally love (Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Ellar Coltrane, Karen Gillian, Bill Paxton, Glenne Headley, Patton Oswalt, etc.) and a director, James Ponsoldt, whose past work (The Spectacular Now, The End of the Tour) I really loved. I went to see it in spite of the bad reviews because I thought, surely all of these people who have been involved with so many great things before had to make something worthwhile, right?

Nope. It's really, really, really, really bad.

If you happen to be interested in this one, I would highly discourage it. Save your money and your time.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I forgot to add in my previous post that I saw The Circle in the theater a few months ago and it was without reservation the wort film I've seen in at least a year, if not longer; I'd have to actually look up my list of everything I see to try to figure out when I've encountered something worse. This despite having a terrific cast of people whose wok I normally love (Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Ellar Coltrane, Karen Gillian, Bill Paxton, Glenne Headley, Patton Oswalt, etc.) and a director, James Ponsoldt, whose past work (The Spectacular Now, The End of the Tour) I really loved. I went to see it in spite of the bad reviews because I thought, surely all of these people who have been involved with so many great things before had to make something worthwhile, right?

Nope. It's really, really, really, really bad.

If you happen to be interested in this one, I would highly discourage it. Save your money and your time.

Thanks for the warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks