What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 7-9-2019
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some really cool titles, this week, RoundUppers!

Hope you find something cool (especially in this summer heatwave we're having in the northeast!).

Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I had Transit on order with Amazon, which is a great movie, but they've been very weird about this release. First they had it listed for June 25, then it was "out of stock," then it became a pre-order again for July 9, then I got an email saying it wouldn't arrive until July 16. And it's a very expensive $24.99. Finally I just decided to cancel it. I do want the movie, but will reevaluate ordering once they actually have it in stock and I see what the final price is.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike!

Just "The Magicians: Season 4" for me. Maybe Waterworld in UHD down the road if the price comes down.

I believe Bronco Billy is Clint Eastwood's favorite of the movies he's made.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the prices, Mike.

Yes, there are some goodies this week including Peter Pan and Bronco Billy. Dead of Night, which I reviewed and which Mike linked, is a masterpiece that deserves attention.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Bought the UK blu of 'Dead of Night' a couple of weeks before the US version was announced. Looks and sounds terrific. Doesn't have the commentary, but does include the excellent documentary. I'd like the commentary, but not enough to double-dip.

Can't wait for my copy of 'This Island Earth' on the 9th.

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Two pre-ordered:
  • The Buster Keaton Collection: Volume 2
  • This Island Earth
The rest will wait for the inevitable sales later in the year.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for the Round-up Mike ...
EuropaX2
and the BRD Trilogy are on their way from B&N ...
20 % off via Cartwheel at Target through 07/20/2019
prod_offer_267328_300x300.jpg

Movies
Expires: 07/20/2019

blu-ray, dvd, & 4k

Excludes new this week and pre-orders. Limit 10 items per transaction.

20% off

Stock up on new movies as well as your favorite classics!

Offer ID: 267328

Brand: Target

Categories: movies

Terms and Conditions

Offer valid in store and online with Order Pickup and Drive Up, unless explicitly noted otherwise. Limit no more than one manufacturer coupon (paper or Cartwheel digital), one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer can be combined per item. Manufacturer (MFR) offers are single-use only and not eligible for Order Pickup and Drive Up. Each Cartwheel offer can be used for a maximum of 4 qualifying items per transaction, unless otherwise noted. Limit 1 Cartwheel barcode per transaction and 6 Cartwheel barcode transactions per day. Cartwheel cannot be applied with price match. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold, or prohibited by law. Offer expires 11:59 PM PST. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Offer value may not exceed value of item purchased. No cash value.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This week, Target is having a 20% off Cartwheel offer for discs.

Thank you, Robert, and dang it! I looked yesterday morning and didn't see that.

I guess it's time to use my Red Card (5%), Cartwheel (20%) and Retail Me Not (5% cash back) on Winter Soldier and Civil War at the very least.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So...on top of the Cartwheel 20% off at Target, "select" movies are also 20% off on top of that. I ordered everything online for in store pick up.

Winter Solider, Cinderella and Dumbo all took the 5% RedCard discount off first, followed by the Cartwheel 20% and then another 20% off on top of that. Final cost, pre-tax, for those three 4k's was $51.06. (I also got a Disney $50 gift card for $47.50 with the 5% off discount.)

And I got $6.70 cash back through Retail Me Not. Not a bad deal overall.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So...on top of the Cartwheel 20% off at Target, "select" movies are also 20% off on top of that. I ordered everything online for in store pick up.

Winter Solider, Cinderella and Dumbo all took the 5% RedCard discount off first, followed by the Cartwheel 20% and then another 20% off on top of that. Final cost, pre-tax, for those three 4k's was $51.06. (I also got a Disney $50 gift card for $47.50 with the 5% off discount.)

And I got $6.70 cash back through Retail Me Not. Not a bad deal overall.
Where did that other 20% off come from? By the way, there really isn't a 5% RedCard discount on video as it's more like 4%.:)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Using Cartwheel or the web, there is a second offer which is "Save 20% on select movies." No coupon is needed; it applies to your cart automatically. From what I can tell, it's every single movie. The fine print says Delivery Only, but I was able to get the 20% with In Store Pick Up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Using Cartwheel or the web, there is a second offer which is "Save 20% on select movies." No coupon is needed; it applies to your cart automatically. From what I can tell, it's every single movie. The fine print says Delivery Only, but I was able to get the 20% with In Store Pick Up.
So you had to go to Target and pick out the items there then go to through the register to get that extra 20% beyond the 20% cartwheel off?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So you had to go to Target and pick out the items there then go to through the register to get that extra 20% beyond the 20% cartwheel off?

I ordered via the website yesterday morning and they pulled the three movies for in store pick up just like a regular web order.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I ordered via the website yesterday morning and they pulled the three movies for in store pick up just like a regular web order.
Yeah, when I do the same thing for store pickup I don't see an extra 20% taken off. The final price is about 24% off.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, when I do the same I don't see an extra 20% taken off.

I'm doing it again and I agree with you. I can get the 20% select movies to show up but Cartwheel won't apply.

This was the high level breakdown, including the GC:

Subtotal

$133.99
Discounts

-$35.42
REDcard 5% Discount
Save 20% on select movies
Cartwheel 20% off
Delivery

free
Tax

$5.11