What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-7-2015 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Carlo Medina said:
B&Ns are few and far between nowadays. Went ahead and bought the Amazon dual format. Was just worried that the new BD says "New 4K remaster" but it looks like the old disc also has that disclaimer. And the new BD says "New interview with Kasdan" which the old BD doesn't say (on Amazon special features listing, that is, they don't show the back of either box).

Meh, trigger pulled, Prime will have it to me tonight.

Carlo:

Never fear. All that stuff is on the Dual Format release. This is from the back cover of my (still unopened) copy.

gallery_286742_34_61693.jpg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
JakeLip said:
The Aristocats was the final title announced last year, and D23 members were allowed to preorder the entire Legacy Collection at last year's convention, I think (I didn't go so can't confirm.)

However, I always assumed that if the initial titles ending with Aristocats proved successful, Disney would naturally want to continue the series.

That being said, they have been timing almost all the releases to a major anniversary for whatever film it is and I can't think of any other films which have major anniversaries in 2015. So the next major titles due for an anniversary would be The Hunchback of Notre Dame's 20th anniversary and Beauty and the Beast's 25th anniversary, and that would be next year, so there's no need for them to announce it now. So maybe The Aristocats is just it for 2015...if Disney knows what's good for them and has the sense to continue releasing these...

It does seem awfully strange that Aladdin would not be released this year, though -- I know it doesn't have a milestone anniversary until 2017, but it would make more sense cross-promotion wise to go ahead and put that one out this year in combination with the Blu-ray release and the marketing blitz that is bound to have come fall...

Anyway, in more promising Disney music news about things that are actually coming out this fall, this was announced today preserving the expanded stage score: http://www.sh-k-boom.com/hunchback-of-notre-dame.

I think in the recesses of my mind, I had heard this was a 12 title set, but I could be wrong about that. Here's the thing, if indeed the series will continue next year: there are three releases coming in August, theoretically speaking. They're not being spread out and, by the time something new comes out next year, all momentum would be lost. Why not space out the three August releases into August, September and October?

There's still more films with 2015 as a "every 5th year" anniversary: Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove, Toy Story 3, Rescuers Down Under, Black Cauldron...there's plenty more to go for 2015, at any rate.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jake: That news about the release of the Hunchback recording is really quite exciting. An excellent score. Don't know anything about the selected vocalists, though. Please keep us posted here on any future news about this!

There used to be a highly-abridged stage show of Hunchback at Disney World several years ago (canned instrumental track). It was a something my family would take in several times during any given trip.

Jason: As much as I enjoy our little side conversations about Disney music in any given RoundUp...d'ya suppose we should start our own thread over in the Music Forum? Maybe something all-encompassing "All Things Disney Music," for example. Think I should do it?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
My reviews of Monster High and Awaken are now live.

Should have my review of 5 Flights Up pretty soon - no bonus features whatsoever on that one, but a cute little movie.

Of the three streeting this week, Awaken is the true winner!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks