What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7/6/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Nope! :eek: I entirely missed that line when it came to plugging in prices for the RoundUp! The prices that were there (they have since been corrected) were from some old price list. There's a lot of cut & pasting done for the ol' RoundUp, gang! Sorry for the confusion. The next line reflects the prices for all the individual Chan titles at the various stores.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Guys, thanks for all the nice comments! As Dave used to say, they really do mean a lot.

I hate it when I make a goof like on the Chanthology. I try to be careful...but there's a lot of numbers on a heavy week. And, accidents will happen, I guess. Its very cool that you guys read it so closely that you catch the mistakes and kindly let me know. :emoji_thumbsup: It is much appreciated.

I'm also glad some of you guys are enjoying the early morning release of the RoundUp. I guess its kinda like when some stores open at midnight for a special DVD release, eh?! Well, okay, I guess not.

Actually, its just convenient for me after I sometimes burn the midnight oil to just post the RoundUp at that hour...rather than getting up even earlier than usual when heading out on Sunday morning.

Thanks for the support!

Mike

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Noir at Circuit City. A flat-out steal. Ouch on Noiseuse , you'd think at that price it'd be a Criterion. :frowning:

Jay*W

Second Unit
Mike,

Let me throw in my thanks for all your hard work. It is MOST appreciated!

Also, with apologies to David, please don't get rid of Woody and Jessie. They bring a smile to my face whenever I see on of your posts!

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:) That's funny you happen to mention that, Jay. I have been wondering about whether I should change it (not with anything pertaining to the RoundUp). Usually, whenever I think about it, I end up just keeping things the way they are. ;) And, thank you.

Thanks everyone.

Scott: :emoji_thumbsup: on the coupon! That'll help a lot of folks who are gonna take the plunge on that set!

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Is the cat from outer space that's released this week the old disney movie one? I can't remember if they redid that movie or not. If it is, I'll probably be picking up that, possibly name of the rose, possibly airplane from CC, and voyager somewhere.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I also ordered the Noir Collection from Amazon, since my local CC rarely has new release classics. Hoping to find B:TAS there, though--must have that right away!

Thanks Mike, before reading this forum, I used to run myself ragged on Tuesdays!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Looks like Target made another boo-boo in its ad (although nothing posted in Target stores or otherwise as far as I know), ala Dances With Wolves and West Side Story, showing a picture of the more expensive 2-disc Glory SE instead of the solo edition. Although I haven't heard of anyone actually finding the SE at Target, some folks have successfully PM'ed to other retailers that do carry it.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Batman:TAS,Challenge of the Superfriends S1, and The Butterfly Effect for me.Thanks for the round up.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A few on-going Costco specials (by memory so the $$ off may vary slightly):

-- Purchase "Cold Mountain" ($17.99) and any other title from the "Miramax Collection" (i.e., "The English Patient," "Chicago," etc.) and take $8 off.

-- Purchase "The Return of the King" ($18.29) AND either "FOTR-Extended Edition" OR "TTT-Extended Edition" ($27.99 each) and take $7 off.

-- There are still some packages of Simpsons S1-S3, Futurama V1-V3, and Family Guy V1-V2 that include a $10 off coupon for Simpsons S4 ($30.99 regular Costco retail).

-- Current Passport Coupon for members, $10 off season sets of "Friends" ($29.99 each) and "Sex and the City." No item limit (i.e. buy as many sets as you want and take $10 off each).

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Please post if you see FYE rebates (and final price) for SIx Feet Under and History of Rock & Roll box set. Probably you won't see these prices until Tues at the store.

Thanks

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I think the deal takes off $5 -- that's what the sign at my local Costco said earlier today, and that's how it rang up for me. I've also seen posts in other forums discussing the $5 discount.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Justin, what's this about an Uzumaki SE?? Are you going to try B&M's for this, or online? It seems unlikely that you'd find that in one of the mainline stores, but if you do, please let me know. I have a R3 (I think) copy of it, but I'd be interested in an R1 one if it's available.

Thanks!

- Bob P.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
...or a four hour non-English-language film with modest extras from an independent distributor destined for humble sales volume at best. :)

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks