What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/2 (Best TNG season ever...and a crazy redhead!) (1 Viewer)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
This weeks Meijer ad shows the "I Love Lucy" DVDs for $9.95 each. (Meijer is a big superstore, like a super-Target. Judging by their website, they have stores in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky.)

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Gabe,

Do you know what they will be charging for the Director's Cut of Pearl Harbor? All it says in the circular is "Great Price". Never hurts to have another place to pricematch against for Best Buy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just got my PH dir cut in the mail from a -mart.$25.86 shipped.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Would Best Buy price match Costco for Star Trek Season 3? What "ad" could I take in? (I've never price matched anything at Best Buy. The only time I tried [Harry Potter], they wouldn't do it because CompUSA had none in stock.)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Has anyone purchased a ST:TNG set at Costco? At my store in Union, NJ, I've never seen it offered for sale. Had to go to CC where they have seasons 1 & 2 for $109.95. What up with $149.95?!?!?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No, Best Buy would not price match Costco (due to Costco requiring a membership to purchase items from there).

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Well, that's interesting to know. My son & I decided to get 1 & 2 after the opening week sales & paid the premium prices. I'll be in Costco tomorrow hunting it down.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Depending on several factors, I'm not sure that Costco always gets titles out on day of release, so you may not find it tomorrow. But it's not a temporary sale price, either, so there's no time limit on when you pick it up.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey ave is Costco getting the Lucy Disks ?
I presume you mean me? :) I am not sure. Costco's web site rarely syncs up 100% with the in-store selection, so there's always a chance something will be in stores that's not on my Roundup. But Paramount stuff tends to not be well represented at Costco (or Sam's for that matter), and stuff that's cheap to begin with isn't well-represented, either (I presume because margins are lower).
So if I'm guessing, I guess that no, Lucy won't be at Costco. But ya never know unless you try!
I'm definately stopping for TNG S3 on the way home. If I see Lucy or anything else there I'll mention it after dinner.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
My Costco is also very good about having new titles on display on the release date. That's what prompted my comments about not seeing the ST:TNG boxes there. I plan to check today. $90 was a real eyeopener...

MichaelG

Second Unit
I personally don't give a rat's you know what about Pearl Harbor, but I might have to swing by Best Buy for Shallow Hal!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have called my local Costco and verified that they have a dozen copies of TNG S3 on the shelf for $89.99 each...they are holding two for me (one for me and one for someone else)...nice personal service from an employee who recognizes a regular who's spent over a grand there in the past couple of months, and recalls when I spent another grand there on my PC! :D

Walmart.com has Pearl Harbor DC for $22.88. I printed it out and took it to CC and they matched it. Not a bad deal with the $10 rebate.

Shane

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
My Costco had Star Trek Season 3, but no copies out. I had to bug a guy to go get some and put them on the shelf.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I popped into Meijer's to see how much PH was, it came up as $29.99. So it's not that 'hot' of a price after all. Oh well, maybe I'll try that price matching at best buy with walmart.com.

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
I popped into BB earlier today to try and get them to pricematch Walmart.com on PH:Vista. They wouldn't take the web page printout, but they did call and confirm an in-store price of $28.88. So I saved $1.11 -- not bad, and I will use the $5 gift card next week for Royal Tenenbaums:CC.

----
Joel

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I found out this evening that 1776 is $19.99 at Borders.
My local store doesn't have it in-store right now, but I'll wait and get it there when it shows. If not, maybe I'll pay the extra $3 and get it at Best Buy sooner or later. Not right now though...they pissed me off today! :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks