What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-18-2006 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A blanket you're welcome to everyone...

and, Tony, yes this IS the week the SE of Some Like It Hot is supposed to come out. You saw a street date break.

Nathan A

Second Unit
Visiting here- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category shows a few more movies for $8.99 at Best Buy. I'm not sure if they're that price in-store (though I kind of assume so), but you can order them online for in-store pickup.

The additional titles include:

Everything is Illuminated (which I just noticed is $8.99 at Amazon, too)
Willy Wonka
Miss Congeniality 2
Racing Stripes
The Exorcist
Before Sunset
Robin Hood: PoT (non-SE)
9 1/2 Weeks
A Very Long Engagement

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
I think I'll get Goodfellas SE (upgrading my single disc copy) and The Untouchables (how have I gone without buying this for so long?) from BB this week. I might talk myself into getting Some Like it Hot too, I'm not sure. Thanks, as always, to Mike and Patrick.

John Gido

Second Unit
Can anyone tell me if it is worth upgrading from this

to this

Both are listed as "Enhanced for Widescreen". Other than extras, is there really a significant difference in PQ and SQ?

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Both volumes of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo for my 4-year-old Scooby fanatic. Thanks, Mike!

John Gido

Second Unit
Thanks, Mike. I don't know how I missed those threads.

I guess the version I currently own is not "enhanced" as listed on the package. This makes it definitely worth the upgrade.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

But Kenneth...everyone gets Best Buy coupons except for me! ;)

I'm surprised to hear they're doing coupons right now. No holiday in sight...and this is the first I've heard of any.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

Planned to head over to Best Buy after some work is completed on my house; I was reading the profile for FMJ , looks as if its only 1:33 full screen? Having just purchased an HDTV widescreen, I'm a true believer in the anamorphic way. Anyone know if there is a widescreen enhanced version of this, or does it stay on the shelf today?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, the HD DVD version is presented in 1.78:1. :) ( Big plus for me personally as I find the headroom in the 1.33:1 presentation to be extremely distracting.)

- Walter.

MattHR

Screenwriter
FYI: Costco is selling Amazing Stories for only $30.06, and The Incredible Hulk for only $25.09.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks