What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-9-2015 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The display case at Best Buy this evening made a big deal about their exclusive version with 24 page comic book, but there weren't any copies, nor was there an empty slot where copies had been.

I didn't really care one way or the other about it, so I happily picked up the regular Blu-Ray, but still kind of perplexing.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone happen to know the Costco price this week for "Kingsman"? They often have a discount on new titles during release week to be more competitive with the other retailers release week sales.

The local Walmart is charging $22.43 (odd price?) and I'm wondering if it's worth the trip to Costco.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Adam Lenhardt said:
The display case at Best Buy this evening made a big deal about their exclusive version with 24 page comic book, but there weren't any copies, nor was there an empty slot where copies had been.

I didn't really care one way or the other about it, so I happily picked up the regular Blu-Ray, but still kind of perplexing.

It's Best Buy? I mean, I know that's not a good answer, but that's the thing that comes to mind. The company they outsource media to can't be bothered to have new price stickers on the floor on Sunday's (sometimes not any time in the week) at my closest store. Their genre system is perplexing and they tend to not have items which are advertised on sale.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Jason_V said:
It's Best Buy? I mean, I know that's not a good answer, but that's the thing that comes to mind. The company they outsource media to can't be bothered to have new price stickers on the floor on Sunday's (sometimes not any time in the week) at my closest store. Their genre system is perplexing and they tend to not have items which are advertised on sale.
Jason - Best Buy no longer outsources their media dept. If you can't find what you're looking for, ask the guy in yellow at the front of the store. That's part of their job.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Really? Wow...that's complete news to me. And welcome news. When did that happen and, more importantly, how did I now know about it? :D

Thanks Todd!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Don't worry, I neither knew about the outsourcing nor the non-outsourcing until a few minutes ago. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This thread will now be officially reported to the FCC, the FTC and any other agency in the federal government whose initials start with an "F" and end in a "C."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks