What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/8/04 (1 Viewer)

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa on that Mystic River thing. If there is ANY 2-disc offer, version or deal out there, tell me know. From what I can see, you can get the single disc movie OR the 3-disc special edition with 2 discs of movie/special features and 1 CD of the soundtrack.

Mike? Help us out here, will ya?

thanks

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it will just be Field of Dreams and Mystic River for me.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no way that I would pay the additional $14 for a soundtrack CD if that was the only difference between the two.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks as always, Mike.

You might want to double-check Field Of Dreams. My Best Buy flyer shows it at $15.99, not $16.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey everybody!

Major apologies for my errors in today's RoundUp!

Somehow I got the mistaken impression that the cheaper edition of Mystic River was a 2-disc effort. WRONG! Just a one-discer as most people have accurately pointed out.

Also, I have corrected the typo in the grid regarding CC's Field of Dreams price. I apologize, again. CC's FoD price is $19.99. BB is the lowest at $16.99. Of course, you can always price match at CC if you've got a BB nearby! :D

Interesting, Craig! I went back and checked and my BB ad clearly gives the FoD price at $16.99. One of those rare regional BB price anomalies, perhaps?

Sorry, again, everyone! Thanks to everyone who pointed out the discrepancies! :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

That must be it. Here's a quick & dirty scan of the Houston ad:

And here's Mike's NY Ad:

I gotta say, I think this regional pricing idea is for the birds. Don't these retailers realize that the Internet exists?? Everyone will know the regional discrepancies within minutes of the ads hitting the doorsteps. All this is going to do is piss off the customers who have to pay the higher prices. :thumbsdown:

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Movies I wish I could buy:

A-Team
Field of Dreams
Mystic River 3-disc
Robocop Trilogy
Tour of Duty

Movies I will be getting:

Field of Dreams

That Circuit City price for the robocop set is almost tempting me to sell my criterion robocop and buy the boxset but I don't think I want to go through the hassle of selling it.

willyh

Agent
Fry's Electronics lists Mystic River (single disc) for $14.99. Best price I have come across. Buy.com has the 3 disc version for $26.99 with free shipping. Um, is the second disc and CD worth and extra $12?

MattGentry

Second Unit
I just got back from Target (Boardman, OH).

I had planned on getting A Knight's Tale, Dances With Wolves, and Office Space.

They had plenty of A Knight's Tale. However, there was not one Dances With Wolves, and all of the Office Space copies they had were full screen.

Not a lucky day for me...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Best Buy certainly seems like they should change their name to "Worst Buy" after browsing this week's prices. Circuit City is killing them.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The trouble, at least at my local CC, is they won't have many of those titles in sufficient quantities to meet demand. They'll be gone by noon Tuesday (if you work a 9-5 job, you're SOL). The ones they do have will be be hidden somewhere in the stacks, and you'll have to search them out yourself because the drones that work there won't have a clue.

Circuit City is their own worst enemy.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Whoever at Circuit City decided that their DVD racks should display front-cover-out, rather than side-by-side with spine out, should be fired and then shot.

It really kills any kind of browsing to have to manually flip through every disc to see what's there, and it takes that much longer to find the disc you *are* looking for if you have a specific title in mind.

My Circuit City recently re-organized their DVD section, but the damn things are still front cover facing out.

I really don't care for Best Buy, but at least it's easy to browse their selections.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
What I want:
A-Team
Field of Dreams
City of God
Mystic River
Robocop Trilogy.

Not sure what I'll actually end up with....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
not only that but if you dont hold them right they all fall out of the rack.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit

Based on your "together" statement I thought you meant Volumes 1 and 2. Talk about a steal! It's still a good price though, I'll have to buy Family Guy one of these days, but no rush. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Malcolm: For once, we disagree.

I would opt for shooting them first, then firing them!

:D

Craig S: Did you get my e-mail?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks