What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/3 (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
If anyone was wanting to buy 3 NINJAS but didn't want to because it was fullscreen, then you'll be happy to know that it IS WIDESCREEN (non-anamorphic 1.85:1). Wonder why I sounded like an informercial actor back there. :D/

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Check Best Buy if you're looking for Brubaker - I picked it up last night for $9.99. They also had Sneakers: CE for $9.99.

Was also able to pick-up Black Hawk Down: Deluxe Edition at Best Buy for $19.99 by price-matching Target & CC ($24.99) and using a $5 zoner coupon.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i just love how the "free" Bond Girl dvd at BB has a $14.99 sticker on the front, but on the back says "FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NOT FOR SALE". :rolleyes

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's not that I didn't find time to buy DVDs this week, of course. Just that I have had very little time to come here and talk about them. :D

I've already told you about Wal-Mart on Tue morning, and at lunch I made it to Best Buy. Where I bought South Park at a price-match with Target for $29.99, with very little hassle. That was used to combo with Comancheros and North To Alaska so those would be $11.99 each. Grabbed Anamatrix there, since I really didn't know that I'd listen to the CD. Got Die Another Day and the bonus disc, and found Fame there as well. Did not find Brubaker there, or anything else I've mentioned as wanting, except for Ninja Storm/Dora/Blue's Clues. I decided to see if others had it cheaper.

No Bernadette there, or anywhere else in town for that matter. My wife is sad about that; she wanted it for her birthday yesterday.

I ran by Circuit City looking for it, but fond Paper Chase instead. It was just $9.99, instead of the $12.99 their website indicted. :)

Costco had the same stock as Wal-Mart did. I expected to find at least Power Rangers/Dora/Blue's Clues there, but no dice. So I'll head back to Best Buy tonight for those.

Borders had Half Moon Street ($10.99), Death/Hulk (14.99), and the two new Dr. Seuss titles ($12.99 ea). I also found Brubaker there ($12.99), along with some other releases from weeks just past: Connecticut Yankee/Emperor's Waltz ($12.99), and Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing ($14.99).

The bad news? I missed going to Borders with THIS 10%-off COUPON THAT VIDEOTROPIC.COM POSTED TODAY!

Well, at least they cheerfully took this "$5 off a $50 purchase" coupon that I had discovered at VideoTropic.com just before heading over there yesterday! :) So I save $5, where I could have saved $11-ish (we also bought a book).

Borders also had Baywatch, both Law & Order discs, My Beautiful Laundrette, slamdance, and Smokey II.

Noone had Bernadette, either Jaws film, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Super Mario Bros, Cahill, Chisum, or Judge Roy Bean. I'll probably be back in Borders before 6/15 to check on those...that's when the 10% coupon expires (the other one good through 6/16).

HAH! I just realized...that $5-off-$50 coupon is good through 6/16/02! They took a coupon that's been expired for a year! :eek: DAMN, I got away with murder!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my local wal-mart, which never has competing prices because there is no one to compete with them there, has the death of the hulk for 9.44.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Tuesday I was at BB (E. PA, CA)and got a few discs including T2-extreme and the stargate disc for $25.

Wednesday I went back to the store (had to go anyway bond free disc was loose and scratched up) I asked for a PM to target. The CS guy said the in-store price for t2-extreme was now at $14.99.

Anyone else see this?

So I got T2-extreme and Stargate for

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, no good deed goes unpunished. Went back to BB for Power Rangers/Dora/Blue's Clues, and they also had $9.99 for both new Dr. Seuss! Plus they also had gotten in Slamdance, Paper Chase (higher than BB at $12.99), Empire Records Remix, Invincible, and S.W.A.T. (which I need to go back to Wal-Mart for at the better price).

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
David, do you remortgage your house on New Release days?
And I thought I spent way too much on Disks (Never Mind what the Wife thinks)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I went to Best Buy on Wednesday and picked up Bond (picked up T2 the night before at Target) and the bonus disc. I also got Sink the Bismarck for $7.99.

I went looking for Super Mario Bros. and didn't find it in Action, Comedy or Kids. Finally, I found a couple copies in the '$7.99 and Under' section.

When I went to check out, the guy behind the counter laughed at me when he scanned the Super Mario Bros. DVD. This has happened to me before at Best Buy (different location), when I purchased the 3 TMNT movie DVDs. I'm not one to brag, especially not to people who probably have a 10-15 DVD collection consisting of the American Pie and Mummy movies, but maybe I should have told him that SMB will represent just .14% of my DVD collection. I let it slide both times, but next time it happens (I can't imagine what embarassing title I'll buy next, considering they didn't carry The Love Bug) I'll think of something good to say.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up DIe Another Day (+ Bond Girl bonus disc) at Best Buy this morning (plus a set for a friend). Also got the Animatrix Gift Set there for only $15.99.

Told the cashier that Circuit City had the GS for $19.99. Showed him the ad and pointed at the little print under the big picutre and price for the regular Animatrix. He looked at it for a moment, then did the price match to $15.99 (the price at CC for the regular Animatrix). Stupid cashiers :D

I hurridly and nervously finished the transaction and scooted out the door before he noticed his error...

(Off to see what's on the roster for new releases next week...)

Thanks for all your hard work Dave (from another Dave)! The roundups have saved me a ton of time and cash building my DVD collection!

Dave C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks