What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/29/04 (1 Viewer)

Levi

Agent
I thought "The Perfect Score" was terrible, so even though I'm a Scarlett fan I won't be picking this one up. Barbershop 2 doesn't interest me in the slightest. I've seen both Deathdream and King of the Ants, and I enjoyed them both quite a bit so I'll end up grabbing those eventually.

--LEVI

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I happened to be in the vicinity of a Costco at 10am this morning. Whoo hoo.. Blazing Saddles 30th Anniversary for $11.99! Saved me a trip to CC.

Mark

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody know why Costco (N.E. Region) never sells the South Park boxed sets? Seems kind of strange that they don't.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
First I want to follow up on last week's FYE tirade. Apparently it was a miscommunication with the cashier there. Generation gap or whatever.

I know how many of you feel about rebates and general, and The Cooler shows that FYE must be watched closely. However, these are good deals and worth sharing. Let the Buyer Be Ware.

That out of the way, here are the FYE/Strawberries/Coconuts/Wherehouse(?) -- and whatever else Transworld owns -- rebates:

For this week (these end 7/12/04):

Blazing Saddles has a $7 rebate for a net cost of $9

These are all $10 rebates and the price shown is AFTER rebates:

Barbershop 2....................$10
Cold Mountain...................$10
CSI Miami Season 1..............$60
Perfect Score...................$10
South Park Season 4.............$27
Also Dick Van Dyke season 5 has a $10 rebate, but I did not see one at the store and did not get a price.

Now, here are rebates from LAST week that are still good until 7/5/04. They are all $10 rebates:

Badder Santa...................$10
Joe Schmo......................$27
Reno 911.......................$10
Also the Vans Warped Tour has a $10 rebate, but again, none were in stock.

That's the fun for the week. I'm much calmer now that my first Deep Discount DVD shipment came in.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see Blazing Saddles at Target today? Just wondering what they were asking for it...

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
Eric - I just saw Blazing Saddles at Target for $14.44.

BTW I just picked it up at BJs for $11.99 in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And, that leads me to some BJs Warehouse Club prices which I picked up tonight at their Colonie (Albany, NY) store:

Spider-Man vs. Soc Ock $13.99
Garfield as Himself $9.79
Cold Mountain $15.99 (thru 7/4)
Cheetah Girls $13.99
Secret Window $18.99
The English Patient $17.99
Wonder Woman S1 $28.99
Bad Santa $18.99
Badder Santa $18.99
Blazing Saddles $11.99
MASH S6 $25.99
In America $18.49
Simpsons S4 $34.79
Barbershop 2 $17.99
Barbershop $8.99
Spiderman '67 Collection $43.99
Disney Treasures Tomorrowland $22.99

This marks the first time I've seen Disney Treasures at a BJs. It was only one copy, however, of the one title.

I, too, scored Blazing Saddles for $11.99! :D
Oh...and this BJs also had marked down a number of DVDs to $8. It seemed randomly done and done in-store. There were small rectangular red stickers placed over the original price stickers. Grand Hotel, Mutiny on the Bounty (1935), In the Cut, and Resevoir Dogs were among the $8 titles. They were the lone copies of those titles, however. :emoji_thumbsup:

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I emailed fye from their web site and they said I would get the extra $2 for the Cooler rebate after I got the $8 check.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Did anyone find Spider-Man '67 at Target today? I hit two local Targets, and neither had it. The media guy at the second Target said none of the local stores received their shipments of it. I ended up getting mine at Best Buy.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone else had a problem tracking down Dick Van Dyke season 5? Neither my Best Buy nor Circuit City had it (not that I was about to pay CC's price)?

Jon

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Some new release prices at Target, not listed in the flyer:

Wonder Woman S1 $34.99
Land Of The Lost S1 $29.99
Spiderman '67 $49.99
GI Joe S1 Part 2 $44.99

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
For those in the Pacific NW, Fred Meyer has a nice deal going on some WB/New Line Discs - $9.99 for (among others):

Ben Hur
Blade 2
Blazing Saddles 30th Anniversary
North By Northwest
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Seven: Platinum Series (the multidisc one)
Willy Wonka
Wizard of Oz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks